• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Retro Scruffy - The Surprisingly Complex Music of Wii Play's Tanks!

JangleLuke

Rattata
Pronouns
He/Him

Scruffy is at it again with another lovely video about adaptive audio in Nintendo games, this time with Wii Music Play's minigame heavy-hitter: Wii Tanks!

You can also take a peek at the entire music chart at the end of the video (that I cobbled together) here:
2QiR9ER.png

Last edited:
This video, especially its intro, highlight what made the Wii era so special to those who grew up with it: the presentation. The music and atmosphere are unmatched, and when I say that I want the Wii series to return, these factors are forefront in my mind. Visually, the clean but material-oriented Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics best emulates the series's spirit, but I still yearn for its return. While Clubhouse is pleasant musically, it pales in comparison to the Wii series of yesteryear.

Also, Tanks! had 100 levels???

Wasn't Tanks in Wii Play, not Wii Music? Or did they put Tanks in Wii Music, too?

Either way, I can't watch the video right now, but Tanks validated Wii Play more than the bundled Wiimote did.

Back
Top Bottom