• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion SCP Foundation |ST| Unfathomable Cosmic Horror, Itty Bitty Living Space

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2

Let me just get this out of the way - the SCP Foundation Wiki is my favorite website on the internet, and has been for many years.

Do you like spooky stuff? Creepypastas, urban legends, cryptids, cosmic horror, the X-Files, that kind of thing?

Do you also enjoy reading, like, a lot?

Well, if you happen to fit the above criteria and haven't yet discovered the SCP Foundation, let me just change your life a little bit.
If you're already familiar, feel free to read my suggestions in the spoiler blocks and discuss below!

What is the SCP Foundation Wiki?

The SCP Foundation Wiki is a collection of classified documents that describe, categorize, and outline containment procedures for captured paranormal anomalies. They are intended to read as if they were written by Foundation employees, and should be clinical and objective in nature.

Paraphrased from the wiki itself, "The SCP Foundation Wiki is a collaborative writing site where a bunch of different people write stories about an organization that keeps the inexplicable under lock and key. Except instead of just calling it "magic" we use science-y terms like "ontokinesis" or "thaumatology." The wiki started as a horror/creepypasta site."

Cooool... so what is the SCP Foundation?

The Foundation is a fictional organization who takes it upon themselves to secure, contain, and protect paranormal entities and document their containment procedures, thereby protecting humanity from said anomalies and allowing the world to continue living "normally" and in ignorance.

So where do I start?

Right here!

If you want to read the site's suggestions, read their Guide for Newcomers!

If you want to jump straight into some SCPs and get your feet wet, here are my recommendations:

• SCP-087: A staircase in a school campus that wasn't part of the original building design...
  • SCP-914: A large mechanical device of unknown origin that "abstracts" and then "refines" objects placed inside it...
  • SCP-055: The self-keeping secret. That's literally all it lets us know about it.
  • SCP-3991: An island with an anomalous dilative effect.
  • SCP-3199: A strange creature discovered in Ireland.
  • SCP-093: A small, flat, red stone disc that loves mirrors. Be sure to read all the auxiliary documents at the bottom of the page.
  • SCP-173: The very first SCP that started it all.

That's pretty cool. I think I'm ready for something to make me stand up from my chair and say "what the fuck".

• SCP-1981: "Ronald Reagan Cut Up While Talking"
  • SCP-5798: A being with a unique method of attracting prey.
  • SCP-001: The Gate Guardian.
  • SCP-4666: "The Yule Man". Christmas time is here!
  • SCP-2521: ●●|●●●●●|●●|●
  • SCP-439: Two words. "Bone hive".
  • SCP-835: Next level body horror. Involves such words as "slurry" and "polyp".

That's child's play. Where's the nightmare fuel? I'm trying to lose sleep.

• SCP-2316: I do not recognize the bodies in the water.
  • SCP-4000-Eshu: SCP-4000 is affected by communication. Do not speak or write of the horizon without label without proper training. Read this for background context.
  • SCP-3283: Never thought I'd have my blood run cold from reading about someone flipping a light switch.
  • SCP-3515: Do not fall asleep near this image. Claustrophobia warning.

Okay, freaky. But I need disturbing.

1694209957337.png

I'm warning you now. Don't go any further. There are plenty other SCPs to read. Plus, you need to get some sleep.

I̸̢̛̪͉̬̳͉̮̥̐̈̈͐̄̑͠ ̵͔͆̄̉̓̔̽͐ D̴̤̟̤̀̈́̾̂̈́̕͝ͅͅ Ẽ̸̬̑̇͒̑͊̈̏̿ M̶̨̖̀̀ Ä̷̢̙̬̖͉̟̙́͊̔͛̅̕͘͠ Ņ̶̪̦͔̬̝̱̆̽̔͐͜ͅ Ḍ̴͓̈́̔́͆̀̅ ̴̧̝̆̒̅͌͂̐̀S̷̲̲͖̖͗́̏͝ Ǘ̸̺̓̌̾̔̚͝ F̸͙̩̫̙͛ͅ F̶̛̛̬̗̖̜͔̅̄́͠ͅ E̴̢͎̘̘̾ R̶̨̬̳̣̟̜͙̽͛ I̵̢͖̜͈͌́͐̍́ͅ Ṋ̸̺̳̻̒̄͌̐̈̍̚͝͝ G̵̬̬̊.̷̗͓̦̻͉̺̀̓̏̿͋̏̓̕

Well, okay then.

• SCP-231: Describes Procedure 110-Montauk. Just don't read it.
  • SCP-2718: "What happens after". FORBIDDEN.

Here are some reasons why I love the SCP Foundation Wiki:
  • the purpose of the site is centered around content that is peer-reviewed for quality
  • the content itself ranges from absurd jokes to existential cosmic horror that has literally given me nightmares
  • each page has a discussion thread that's perfect for decompressing after a long read (and having things pointed out that you may not have noticed)
  • SCPs are good for a quick read, or hours of scrolling under the covers late into the night
  • one of the few communities that has not been tainted over the Recent Years

So, those of you who have been around the block. What are your favorite SCPs? What does all this shit mean to you? Also, what in the world is the meaning of DAMMERUNG?

And those of you just starting your journey, remember one thing - you always find your favorites by hitting Random Thread.

Oh yeah, you posted so many good ones right at the start. I love SCPs, I get into them really hard for like 2 weeks and then take a few months off so I can get excited about them all over again

Oh yeah, you posted so many good ones right at the start. I love SCPs, I get into them really hard for like 2 weeks and then take a few months off so I can get excited about them all over again
There are too many good ones to count. They never stop.

There's one I've been looking for all day that I very faintly remember... something about a cult, led by some guy who invented a machine that teleports people to the afterlife or something like that? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

There's another one I've been looking for about two people journeying through some massive, strange alien land communicating with each other via radio or something. I remember that one sticking out to me.

Obligatory shoutout to Control here, which had very SCP vibes.

If we’re talking about favorite SCPs, my mind always goes to the ever mysterious Dr. Spanko (SCP-2337)

i like the scp thats a microwave that ages the things you put into it instead of cooking them

I've just finished reading the SCP entry you linked of that Biblical bloke... my word. Thanks for the ST, Belly.

haven’t read a whole ton of these but I do think about this one a lot—a DVR recording of a basketball game where the people in the recording have experienced and remember each previous playback

gonna poke through some of the ones in the OP, thanks for sharing! I “love” getting “scared”

I think my favourite one is still the endless IKEA (SCP-3008), it just speaks to a primal childhood fear of getting lost in any kind of mall or shop. Though the very first one (173) is cool too, always reminds me of the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who :D

haven’t read a whole ton of these but I do think about this one a lot—a DVR recording of a basketball game where the people in the recording have experienced and remember each previous playback

gonna poke through some of the ones in the OP, thanks for sharing! I “love” getting “scared”

Oh yeah. That one is awesome. Made me think of the Twilight Zone.

Thanks for this thread! Haven't checked the wiki in ages, and already have a couple of new favorites from here, like the Yule man or the Basketball DVR SCP (which is... wow, holy shit). Also found this one after doing a little random browsing, and I love both of the concepts it explores.

Every couple of years I get the itch to update/polish my SCP or write a new one (or two, or three), maybe this year will finally be the year!

EDIT: also just need to shoutout the log of extranormal events - love the idea for this page so much, might even like it more than any singular SCP. Frequently have to come back to this one just to revisit some of the ideas here.

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread! Haven't checked the wiki in ages, and already have a couple of new favorites from here, like the Yule man or the Basketball DVR SCP (which is... wow, holy shit). Also found this one after doing a little random browsing, and I love both of the concepts it explores.

Every couple of years I get the itch to update/polish my SCP or write a new one (or two, or three), maybe this year will finally be the year!

EDIT: also just need to shoutout the log of extranormal events - love the idea for this page so much, might even like it more than any singular SCP. Frequently have to come back to this one just to revisit some of the ideas here.

Hey, glad to see more Foundation members! I love that every time I get back into it I find a new favorite.

Also... would you mind sharing your article?

Also... would you mind sharing your article?

Haha, sure, let me just at least do another pass on my updated draft on my sandbox page with the changes I have been wanting to make so that I can link to that as well. I think I'll get to that tonight; I'm feeling motivated to revisit it.

Did end up doing some work on it here and there, but there's still one more substantial element I want to add to it and need to find the time to really just hone in on doing it right.

In the meantime! Let me share a couple of my favorites from the early series:

https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-184 - Probably my favorite overall SCP?
https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-745 - Simple but effective.

Also really sad to see the "hateful star" SCP is gone. I guess the author wasn't a fan of it but, I always really liked the concept and felt like it was fine as it was. None of the replacement or homage articles really feel quite the same.

Back
Top Bottom