• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals Saints Row IV Re-Elected is on sale for $2.79 (NA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a tip for first time players: Choose the british accent VA for the protag if you're going with male. It's an impression of Jason Statham. Makes the game x2 hilarious.

Also, in the ship, you can romance with anyone in your crew, male or female. Start with Kinzie.

Okay, some impressions. Now I have never played GTA 5, but the combat is already much better than the jank fest that is combat in GTA 3 - 4.

So... The Switch port is decent enough?
When I saw the game running I noticed the frame rate was pretty high, but i wasn't used and didn't know how the game looked on PS4.

Then I just searched on YouTube to see if there was a DF review, and found this:

It's an open world game, it isn't stable 60FPS on PS4 and yet it manages to cap at 45-50 FPS on Switch. On more demanding scenes where PS4 drops to mid 30s, it's also at mid/high 30s on the Switch!!! And just by that comparison, I swear I couldn't notice any visual effect that's absent on the Switch. Looks almost identical to the PS4 version except maybe being a bit darker. As a port of an open world game of 2019, it is fucking impressive.

Also gonna post this video on the impossible ports thread because it just deserves it.

I just got this. I don't know how good this port is, but worth a shot!

Clearly the devs just wanted to give us all an opportunity to escape the trauma of the GTA Trilogy shitfest, an apology to anyone who paid full price lol
To me it's waaaaayyyyyy more interesting than GTA anyways, even more interesting than V. The way the world connects to the story, the art style and the mechanics (like this charging jump and super speed) that makes it play like a platformer are just incredible lol. GTA always get all the attention when it comes to sand box games on cities but that one is really way more interesting and has much more fantasy to it. I'm really digging it.

I bought it. Why not at that price. But man, is the opening dragging..
Played a bit of it, and it really does drag way too long. I honestly dunno how well I'll enjoy this game but will keep playing for now.

Imagine making some try hard character, when this absolute King could be your avatar.

vC4HaBz_d.webp

Clearly the devs just wanted to give us all an opportunity to escape the trauma of the GTA Trilogy shitfest, an apology to anyone who paid full price lol

Even with the bad state GTA launched on Switch and other platforms, it will sell well, beacuse it is GTA.

Saints Row 3/4 benefited some years from the absent of a Rockstar GTA game. But now they have to share the spot light with the GTA trilogy. GTA is ~ 20 € per game for 60 €. Saints Row already had some sales at 13,99 €. This is now the final push to grab the attention of people who can't miss a good deal.

Picked this up earlier today because of the deal but haven't played it yet.

I tried Saints Row the Third on Switch and didn't really give it a chance because it felt really clunky and my backlog is massive.

Hoping this one grabs me.

Got it despite having played it to death on PC specifically because of the sale and so far I'm actually... legitimately impressed? I was expecting this to look and feel a lot worse, but it seems to be a pretty legit port so far.

After spending more time with this, I'm surprised how much I am liking it. I've never played a Saints Row game before, the franchise was not really on my radar in any way. I am finding I'm enjoying it considerably more than any GTA.

The humor is much more enjoyable and less cringe than GTA. I like the super powers. I like the variety with the missions. The game parodies (so far I've seen Metal Gear Solid, Ghostbusters, and Streets of Rage) are pretty funny and enjoyable.

The only downside is the game has crashed on me twice, during load screens. Neither was a major dealbreaker because the missions aren't that long and they're pretty fun and easy so I wasn't dreading having to replay a section.

I was able to buy Towertale just with the golds earned but buying Saints Row IV y'all!!

I saw this thread earlier and went ahead and bought it, why not? I've always wanted to try the Saint's Row series someday and at a price this ridiculously low it's a no brainer to scoop it now.

When I'm done with Steamworld Heist I'll give it a try, so maybe in a few days.

I've long been fond of Saints Row from the second game onward for the low commitment co-op, they're really great for unwinding and catching up over. Admittedly I can't speak to the quality of the Switch version specifically, but at this price it might be worth the extra consideration if that sort of thing is your jam.

I think this just is not really my sort of game. I liked the first 2 just fine, but 4 just isn't doing it for me so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom