• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Ruined King: A League of Legends Story, developed by Airship Syndicate, out now!

This looks pretty cool. As someone who hasn’t played any Riot/LoL stuff or read/watched any associated media…can I jump in here or do I have some reading up to do?

This looks pretty cool. As someone who hasn’t played any Riot/LoL stuff or read/watched any associated media…can I jump in here or do I have some reading up to do?
From the ongoing Riot "direct", this game has a lot of lore so I think you will miss our a fair bit if you don't have previous exposure to LoL. Better waiting for reviews touching on this aspect.

From the ongoing Riot "direct", this game has a lot of lore so I think you will miss our a fair bit if you don't have previous exposure to LoL. Better waiting for reviews touching on this aspect.
It seems like prior LoL knowledge is used more for easter eggs than things needed to understand the story. I doubt you'll need to have prior knowledge to understand the main story

Plus, it's not like LoL has a huge emphasis on lore before this. Really this game and the Netflix series Arcane are the biggest things story wise for the IP, prior knowledge can basically only be used for easter egg moments.

Developer is great - so I have high hopes! I kinda hoped for a retail copy but I gues digital only for now.

Will buy

Battle Chasers was so awesome, I just hope this runs a little better than that one did on the Switch. Who's going to take the plunge and bring the report? I don't know the LoL setting at all but that's all good. I do want to know about hideously long load times or lack thereof.

This reminded me of Battle Chasers, so I looked up the developer and it's indeed made by them. Makes sense!

Looks good!

Spam account permanently banned - Aurc
Been waiting for this one for a while. It's an absolute blast to explore the League universe in this RPG.

Back
Top Bottom