• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Rpgsite Atlus has posted a Soul Hackers opened teaser site

• Thread starter Deleted member 1250
  • Start date
So it's a sequel, looks cool. This August, sooner than expected. PS4/5, Xbox One/Series and PC

Weird it's for Xbox consoles but not for Switch

LOL anything but Switch, absolutely staying away from the discourse around this.

thanks atlus for making sure it'll now be impossible to talk about this game online without everyone asking about a switch version

LOL anything but Switch, absolutely staying away from the discourse around this.

pretty clear that Atlus should be listed among those developers/publishers willing to put their games on Switch only under Nintendo checks
this is even re-using SMTV assets, there is nothing here technically that could justify what is a commercially weird decision (going by Switch success in the JRPG segment)

Well at least we know they're aiming for the west with this one lol. I'm looking forward to it though.

Oh Atlus, oh Atlus... do I even hold off for a potential port in the distant future or just move on, is the real question o_O

No Switch version, wow! Looks like I'll be picking up my first PS4 game since 13 Sentinels.

latest

Seriously, they better announce a Switch version soon. That said, the game definitely looks more in line with Dx2 or the Cyber Sleuth games compared to the vive of Soul Hackers/old MegaTen

I am contractually obligated to buy this on Xbox anyway but damn. Genuinely shocked it’s skipping Switch.

Seriously, they better announce a Switch version soon. That said, the game definitely looks more in line with Dx2 or the Cyber Sleuth games compared to the vive of Soul Hackers/old MegaTen
It's likely from the people who made Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

I'll pick it up on steam but it skipping switch makes literally no sense, it looks way less demanding than SMT V and its using the same engine and models

Game looks cool. Sad there is no switch version but will get it on steam instead.

Probably waiting for it to be on GamePass, personally
Even if this doesn't solve my main issue with JRPG: not being able to grind/progress in portable mode is a nightmare

What is sad about this kind of announcements by developers and publishers to me is the gap between the "industry" and its consumers:

technically this is re-using tons of SMTV assets, to it's totally doable
it is a sequel to a DS/3DS game/remake
the target demographic on Switch is big and active in JP
the Switch has been able to offer good/great success also in the West to this kind of "AA" JRPG projects

and yet, they skip the console (I'm talking about esclusive deals AT ALL, just to be clear)
this IS actually sad, coming by a person that will have many other different ways of playing it, once again

The thing is that it will probably appear later on Switch....but why? There is 0 people of the fanbase on Xbox

As usual, when it comes to third party support, expect nothing and still get disapointed.

LoL

You people should have learned by now.

I mean, the fact that it somehow skips Switch is bizarre, but that a Soul Hackers sequel looks like a TMS sequel is downright disappointing. This is not what I wanted from a Soul Hackers sequel 😭😭😭

I mean, the fact that it somehow skips Switch is bizarre, but that a Soul Hackers sequel looks like a TMS sequel is downright disappointing. This is not what I wanted from a Soul Hackers sequel 😭😭😭

Yes, apart from the elephant in the room, I must admit that this is NOT the aesthetic I was expecting.
I am actually happy about they abandoning the first peson camera view, but not a fan of this "persona-esque" style

I suppose this is from the same studio that made TMS, probably the development started 6 years ago (early 2016).

When Switch wasn’t a massive success and the natural choice was PS4/XOne.

I would say a port is likely for the future, probably next year.

Back
Top Bottom