• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked collection announced for PS5, PS4, and Switch

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him

About

Rocket through three epic animalistic adventures in Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked!

The mightiest mammal to ever rocket to stardom is back in a three-game, Carbon Engine-powered collection that includes:

Rocket Knight Adventures (1993)

Sparkster’s first adventure. When an army of pigs invade the kingdom of Zebulos, it’s up to the bravest of the Rocket Knights to take up his sword and save the day. Rocket through seven stages full of the strangest enemies imaginable and stop the Emperor’s porcine power trip!

Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2 (1994)

Sparkster’s second adventure sees him picking up his sword against Axel Gear, a Rocket Knight gone BAD. Adventure through six more levels to save the princess of Zebulos and restore peace to the kingdom.

Sparkster (1994)

This Rocket Knight spinoff pits Sparkster against the evil Generalissimo Lioness. In a bid to conquer the world, Lioness has taken Princess Flora hostage, and it’s up to the great knight Sparkster to brave nine more levels of platforming adventure to save the world.

Key Features

The tricks, traps, and challenges never end, and the Carbon Engine is here to give you more more more, including:

• An all-new animated intro from Studio Meala.
  • Rewind feature.
  • Boss Rush Mode.
  • Museum Mode featuring never-before-seen content.
Rocket to adventure in Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked!

• Standard Edition(PS5, PS4, Switch)
    • Physical copy of Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked, which includes three Rocket Knight titles in one collection
    • Reversible cover
    • Mini-Comic
  • Classic Edition(PS5, PS4, Switch)
    • Physical copy of Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked, which includes three Rocket Knight titles in one collection
    • Physical CD soundtrack featuring original music from Rocket Knight titles
    • Reversible poster
    • SteelBook
    • Retro-inspired clamshell packaging with reversible cover art

• Classic Edition(PS5, PS4, Switch)
    • Physical CD soundtrack featuring original music from Rocket Knight titles
    • Reversible poster
    • SteelBook
    • Retro-inspired clamshell packaging with reversible cover art
    • Sparkster statuette
    • Full-sized comic
    • Design document collection
    • Mini cartridge display case
    • Certificate of authenticity

Nice to see small companies like Konami get saved for physicals by Limited "good luck buying from Europe" Run Games

Edit: Ok I see it uses Carbon Engine, but still hope it gets a normal retail release worldwide.

Nice! Hope is well done.

I also want a Goemon collection by the way.

Konami also announced a Felix the Cat collection. Hopefully Goemon is going to get its due. I know @Mandos wants it badly.

Holy fuck, I am beyond stoked! This collection was made for me (although I'm mainly in it for RKA, the sequels aren't quite as good imo).

I'm guessing no digital version? I don't really feel like dealing with LRG again.
A digital version is coming:

While having these on NSO free would have been good too, I actually like LRG's Carbon engine. Nice filters, made the games so easy on the eye.

Also they need to bring back the XBL Rocket Knight game. That was really good but sadly forgotten.

And that next collection they're gonna announce, it has to be Tiny Toon Adventures. Like, all of them and there are tons of them on SNES/MD.

LRG? I really appreciate physical but dealing with LRG in Europe can be quite a pain sigh.

Fuck me dead. Never expected a rocket knight collection.

Konami has another collection announcement next month. Please be Goemon, please be goemon.

Will be interested to see what the next collection is going to be in a couple weeks. Goemon makes the most sense but might be too large a series for a simple collection. Wouldn’t mind the Gradius/Parodius/Salamander collections coming back either.

The dream for NSO is dead.

That Sparkster plush is super adorable though.

rocket-knight-adventures-re-sparked-limited-run-games-plush.png

Basically LGR is going around getting a lot of license that big company are willing to give for a cut

I wonder what other stuff we can get, a part for Eidos stuff, Gex paves the road for all the Eidos stuff Square still have like Fear effect and Pandemium

I thinked about Legacy of Kain, but I think Aspyr will do those

The music in Rocket Knight Adventures is so good! It deserves to be heard by a new generation, or at least an old generation who remembers it fondly but doesn't want to load up Youtube.

I only remember playing Sparkster. So is it different than Rocket Knight? Or was just Nintendo / SEGA naming difference?

Watch these have emulation bugs like their boy and his blob set

I’m still baffled how poor these carbon releases have been
Serious question, have the other releases has been that buggy? (Not featureless which is a different thing). I know A Boy and his blob has some bugs, and I’ve only played RCG Zero and Trip World and those seem fine

Nice. I recently played the first game and it's a masterpiece, like if Treasure made an animal mascot game.

It'd be nice if this fixes the rampant slowdown in Sparkster SNES. It's unplayable the way it is now.

I only remember playing Sparkster. So is it different than Rocket Knight? Or was just Nintendo / SEGA naming difference?

Serious question, have the other releases has been that buggy? (Not featureless which is a different thing). I know A Boy and his blob has some bugs, and I’ve only played RCG Zero and Trip World and those seem fine

RCG0 was fine as a first effort and had a lot of bonuses, and the save and quit system seemed like a one off there due to the game being very lenient with passwords + offering multiple save slots, and Xtreme Sports turned out mostly OK save for a border bug, but everything else is all over the place: Bill & ted has phantom input issues when loading a save (and the same awful save + quit system as Boy/Blob), Jurassic Park has laughably short rewind times and some bugs in the GB games, and Shantae has weird pixel scaling and button mapping.

Really whether or not their stuff ends up good or not depends on the publisher and the WF stuff is mostly solid, so who knows how the Konami stuff will pan out. I'm hoping they'll at least do the bare minimum of proper save states + screen scaling though.

I'll be taking this. Since we're talking about Megadrive games, I would be quite enthusiastic for a Dynamite Headdy rerelease too.

Back
Top Bottom