• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Rhapsody: Marl Kingdom Chronicles announced for summer 2023, coming to Switch/PS5/Steam

Bokuringo

Like Like
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
The two sequels to Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure coming to the West for the first time.

Last edited:
Yes! I always thought it's pretty much impossible these two sequels to return, even in a remake form. So happy, I've been wanting to try these since Rhapsody 1remake on Nintendo DS.

That's super cool. Always love it when previously JPN-only retro games finally get a western release! :D

Excited to get these! I had to put my playthrough on pause, but I really enjoyed what I played of the first Rhapsody last year. Had no idea it had two Japan only sequels.

NISA continuing to go absolutely wild with re-releases of older games.

not sure how big each game is, but i feel like the best point of comparison is the Trails in the Sky trilogy, back when xseed had the publishing rights.
three games from 2004-2007. it took them until 2017 to localize all of them due to the sheer amount of text in each game.

I should really start the first game soon

Cool they confirmed a dub for the sequel tho, that’s an awesome bonus

I got my LE in the mail yesterday. Looking forward to playing all three games when I have time.
Just ordered a physical copy myself from Amazon. Mind blowing that this gets a NA physical release but something like Baten Kaitos doesn't. I started playing the original on my Miyoo Mini+, now that I've finished Octopath 2 I'll probably get back to it.

Just ordered a physical copy myself from Amazon. Mind blowing that this gets a NA physical release but something like Baten Kaitos doesn't. I started playing the original on my Miyoo Mini+, now that I've finished Octopath 2 I'll probably get back to it.
Yup! Baten Kaitos, Alan Wake II, and Like A Dragon Gaiden are some games this year I’m really questioning why they don’t have physical releases planned when games as small as Rhapsody are able to get physical copies no question. I’m worried the digital only trend will accelerate as the bigger games do it, but hopefully it’ll turn around to some extent as physical releases have their own advantages and passionate fans.

Back
Top Bottom