• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Reuters: BREAKING: The U.S. FDA will allow an abortion pill to be obtained by mail permanently

• Thread starter Deleted member 1250
  • Start date
Amazing move. But it's a little scary to think how someone could use an abortion pill to mess with people, have someone take it without knowing it due to its new ease of access. Like someone with vengeance, or someone not wanting the child and the responsibilities or the idea of paying child support.

How is someone approved for an abortion pill? Or can anyone just request it and get it?

Amazing move. But it's a little scary to think how someone could use an abortion pill to mess with people, have someone take it without knowing it due to its new ease of access. Like someone with vengeance, or someone not wanting the child and the responsibilities or the idea of paying child support.

How is someone approved for an abortion pill? Or can anyone just request it and get it?
It not anything new, you get it like any other medication

So it basically has the same state based restrictions, which sucks. But at least itā€™s easier to get, which means it should be easier to get even if illegally.

How would that pill be any different to existing methods of poisoning or terminating pregnancies by chemical or physical force?

This is a good thing for bodily autonomy.

How would that pill be any different to existing methods of poisoning or terminating pregnancies by chemical or physical force?

This is a good thing for bodily autonomy.
Poisoning risks the person and their life. (Unless there are methods to do just this and I'm just too innocent and in the dark to know about this kind of stuff)
Physical force isn't secretive

A easy to acquire abortion pill to slip into someone's drink to kill a undeveloped egg or fetus when someone wanting the baby and probably won't know why the egg/fetus died.

I agree it's a good thing, but I'm just pointing out it could be used for nefarious purposes.

Poisoning risks the person and their life. (Unless there are methods to do just this and I'm just too innocent and in the dark to know about this kind of stuff)
Physical force isn't secretive

A easy to acquire abortion pill to slip into someone's drink to kill a undeveloped egg or fetus when someone wanting the baby and probably won't know why the egg/fetus died.

I agree it's a good thing, but I'm just pointing out it could be used for nefarious purposes.
I mean at the early stages of pregnancy basically any random shit can terminate gestation or development of the fetus. Tons of women hoping to get a kid can attest to that cruel reality.

Regardless of that, this pill doesn't really open new avenues for hypothetical nefarious plans that weren't available before.
It's a really unfounded worry to be frank.

This is great news for women in the USA. But for someone not entirely versed in USA federal laws and the inner workings of the USPS, does this mean that women in anti-choice states can have pills mailed to a friend or relative in neighbouring state and access it through them or do residents have to get it dispensed from a pharmacist/medical professional within their own state?

Back
Top Bottom