• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Serious Reminder: less than 24 hours remain to back up Abload.de images [EDIT; now shut down].

Oscillator

Moblin
The site's shutting down June 30th and taking many years of hosted images with it. Check your forums, your Discords, your browser histories, etc. for any pics you want to back up!

EDIT; now shut down

Last edited:
oof, joining the ranks of Tinypic, Photobucket (i still get E-Mails from them begging to upgrade to a paid subscription.) and technically Discord.
though in the last case it's more of a mild annoyance, as posting the URL on a server refreshes the link, allowing you to archive it elsewhere.

Any quick way to do this? I have 41 pages worth of stuff on there and just now seeing this.

EDIT: nvm managed to download all my images one by one.

Last edited:
Any quick way to do this? I have 41 pages worth of stuff on there and just now seeing this.

EDIT: nvm managed to download all my images one by one.

I've been using BitComet as a batch downloader. It still requires assembling the links into a tidy list, though.

Also been batch downloading images off of forum pages with the Firefox addon DownThemAll. Setting up the filters is a little tricky though, and sometimes manual downloading is needed due to http vs https.

I downloaded from the folders I made on Abload. I downloaded all 1200+ images of mine by hand over the course of the day. Glad I managed to get all my stuff before the end. You will be missed Abload. You were a good no nonsense image uploading site that didn't compress images. 🫡

Back
Top Bottom