• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Remedy: Max Payne 1/2 Remake & Condor (Control MP) go into full production in 2024 - UP: April 2024 production status

aus89

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
From their financial annual report, Max Payne 1/2 Remake will be going into full production in the coming months and expected to release in 2025-2026. The game will release as a single title for PS5/Xbox Series/PC

Condor, the Control MP game was also production ready at the end of 2023 and will head into full production in the coming months and also expected to release in 2025/2026.

Remedy state full production on their games aims to take 15-26 months.

In Condor, players will take a collective journey into the depths of the Oldest House, and face overwhelming enemies and obstacles. With overhauled tactics, new gear and the harnessing of paranatural forces where they dare, the FBC are fighting fire with fire.

Control 2 was in the proof of concept stage at the end of 2023 and will release for PS5/XS/PC

Kestrel restarted development in Feb 2024.

Currently their upcoming slate looks to have Alan Wake II DLC releasing this year, Condor/Max Payne Remake in 2025-2027 and Control 2 following that, so potentially a game every couple of years.

xmIqVx7.png

Iwtj2Hv.png

naA0MNj.png

Last edited:
Awesome news. I've purchased and loved every Remedy game and it would be kooky to stop now. I hope they were able to record with James McCaffrey for the Max Payne remake before he sadly passed away. šŸ˜¢

I am so, 1000% ready for that Alan Wake II DLC. Gonna go for playthrough no. 3 whenever that gets dated.

Really wished Remedy bought Max Payne back from Rockstar.

I... really hated Max Payne 3. Or "Sorry Maxy-max, but your princess is in another level (and then she get shot, wow, thanks for nothing)".

What a pile Max Payne 3 was lol. Maybe it wasn't as obvious way back when, but it turns out that a Remedy property without their sublime absurdity layered over top is...not as interesting. Great soundtrack though:

Update - April 2024 New
In latest business review of Q1 2024, we have the latest on game progress at Remedy:

• Team are working on DLC for Alan Wake II
  • Condor - the Control MP game has moved into full production, and they believe the gameplay loop is engaging with a unique Remedy angle to the genre
  • Control 2 is expected to be production ready in Q2 2024 and head into full production potentially by the end of the year
  • Max Payne 1&2 Remake continued in the production readiness phase and is expected to head into full production in Q2 2024
  • Kestrel continues in the concept stage

Remedy are currently evaluating self publishing/partner publishing business models for the Remedyverse games going forward and actively looking into and evaluating publishing partners

Full details: https://investors.remedygames.com/app/uploads/2024/04/remedy-q1-2024-business-review.pdf

Last edited:
I'm so ready to experience the fall of Max again, get all worked up, then break out 3 on PS3 and leave it on standby until auto shuts off as I down screwdrivers.

Wonder if Tencent's recent purchase of more shares will help boost the availability of some of their projects. Or if it's just Tencent doing what they do

I'm so ready to experience the fall of Max again, get all worked up, then break out 3 on PS3 and leave it on standby until auto shuts off as I down screwdrivers.

Wonder if Tencent's recent purchase of more shares will help boost the availability of some of their projects. Or if it's just Tencent doing what they do
Seems to just be Tencent being Tencent, and I assume much of it will go towards the reworked Project Kestrel which they are partnering on

Back
Top Bottom