• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rare footage of the Hisui region discovered! | Pokémon Legends: Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It being a Normal/Ghost is really great, 'cause we could use more Ghost-types. Of course, the type immunities is the best part because it's similar to mono Ghost except it has an immunity to it, and given how Zoroark is a relatively fast attacker but is frail, it suits Zoroark's stat balance. The type combo lends well offensively because Ghost is already great and Normal compliments it decently for more coverage. This is the first regional form that gains a Normal-type, which is unprecedented so far, since we only have those that maintain the Normal-type (Rattata, Zigzagoon) or those that lose it (Meowth).

If Zoroark maintains the Illusion ability, that would have some interesting implications. For one, the type combination has a few type immunities so it's great for bluffing, and it's nice that both variants have different enough types to have mind games played on them if both are present. However, battle rules tend to restrict carrying the same Pokemon even for different forms, meaning that it's not possible for two Zoroark to be in the team in this case. This is a pity because I always felt that Illusion is more potent if it were not a signature ability, as a means to create bigger guessing games for the opponent.

Thank you for reading.

Love the new designs. Normal/Ghost is a great typing as well. I wonder if GF will give them lower bulk to offset the immunities and lack of weaknesses.

They look sick. The new forms/Pokémon in this game have been 10/10 so far (okay, Growlithe was actually a 11/10).

Well my guesses of Fire/Psychic or Fire/Fairy were completely off 🤣

Normal/Ghost is such a unique typing. They cover for each other pretty well.

Also what's up with all the ghosts? Of 7 pokemon revealed so far, 4 are ghost types. I'm not complaining, though, just find it curious.

I wonder if this ties into Giratina somehow (I thought for a second that Zoroark attack in the trailer looked a lot like Giratina's shadow.

Also what's up with all the ghosts? Of 7 pokemon revealed so far, 4 are ghost types. I'm not complaining, though, just find it curious.

I wonder if this ties into Giratina somehow (I thought for a second that Zoroark attack in the trailer looked a lot like Giratina's shadow.
4? It’s just 3, and only of 2 evolutionary lines

Quoted by: Leo
Normal/Ghost is one of the more interesting unused type combos, nice to see it finally represented. Assuming this also has Illusion, 3 immunities gives it a lot of room to play around with that.

Design wise I really dig these new Zorua/Zoroark forms, and the typing is type combination I've always wanted to see in Pokemon, glad it's coming to fruition.

Tbh ever since introducing regional variants, the artists at Game Freak have knocked it out of the park like 95% of the time, and these look to be no different. It's probably my favourite "gimmick" in pokemon, and it really does breathe new into older overlooked/under the radar pokemon.

That trailer was cool too, my only gripe being that it makes me want actual voice acting in Legends even more, and it's a shame we didn't get it, this was game to introduce it in.

That trailer was cool too, my only gripe being that it makes me want actual voice acting in Legends even more, and it's a shame we didn't get it, this was game to introduce it in.
they might make us wait until Gen 9 for voice acting. though if they're being experimental with Legends, it's the perfect time to have done it

Think they'd do a paras but without the mushrooms? Like a regional where it's not preyed upon by them and so not grass type?
Oh I want this so much. I love Paras/Parasect, but a regional variant that shows what they're like without the Mushrooms opens up so many possibilities

It's because they're all extinct in the present

I like all of the new regional variants that they've released so far.

It's because they're all extinct in the present
extinction never stopped researchers

Cara-Liss.S4A.191.36502_580x.png

This game isn't looking like it'll have abilities right? Which is a shame, because normal/ghost would be very interesting with illusion. Oh well, hopefully in a future game

Kids just out here trying to see the new Pokémon, and instead they get traumatized by a man dying on camera

Loving these regional variants. Between them and Basculegion looks like another game of the Ghost types getting the best designs.

These designs are incredible! Regular Zoroark’s design always felt slightly off to me but H-Zoroark is soooo cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom