• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News R-Type Tactics I • II Cosmos is coming to Switch + PC + PS4/5

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
R-Type-Tactics-Cosmos-I-II-Announced_10-26-22-768x432.jpg

Thanks Famitsu.
no word on if it'll be localized, but it would be a massive deal if it was. as while the original game was released in the west, the sequel didn't despite getting an ESRB rating.

on top of that potential bombshell, this collection also adds a few minor additions. new post-story missions, online battle support, and enhanced production and enemy artificial intelligence.

I love R Type designs but suck at Shmups so I’m definitely curious, never knew this existed

Hope it makes it here, but beign more of a niche type and the fact that they are adding more story and the second one was never localized I don't have a lot of hope for the localization

For a sec there I was like "the year of the strategy RPG CONTINUES whatta time to be alive!" 😆

Edit: waitaminute it IS a strat RPG. Whaaaaat 🤯

The first game was great on the PSP and I still have my copy, it's a shame we never got the sequel. Will definitely pick this up if it is brought over.

The official site is in English, probably confirming it's getting localized
R-Type-Tactics-I-II-Cosmos_2022_10-27-22_004-768x432.jpg

"R-Type" is a milestone in sci-fi shooter games.
A simulation game themed on space fleet battles with the R-Type worldview- that's "R-Type Tactics".

The stage is set in space and in a space fortress which has become a den of unknown organisms.
To gain an advantage in the battle with the enemy forces, you will scout out enemies and prepare the deployment and formation of your unit to fight against the opponent. You will overwhelm the enemy forces by hiding your troops in their blind spots, making full use of electronic warfare, and considering supply, characteristics of space, and so on.
it's really happening, 2 is likely getting translated to english.
R-Type-Tactics-I-II-Cosmos_2022_10-27-22_003.jpg

there's also an (english) twitter for it, though there's nothing major in terms of news on it.

Kickstarter to add new content to the game.

well this is certainly unexpected.

in short, the plan is to add twenty four new missions and units to the game if they reach their goal. not sure this these are the same ones mentioned when the game was first announced.

however, it should be noted that none of the backer rewards include the actual game itself. just the DLC (including exclusive bonus content for R-type final 2). which is fairly annoying.

in short, the plan is to add twenty four new missions and units to the game if they reach their goal. not sure this these are the same ones mentioned when the game was first announced.

however, it should be noted that none of the backer rewards include the actual game itself. just the DLC (including exclusive bonus content for R-type final 2). which is fairly annoying.

Granzella is not big company. They only make the backing for the dlc content so getting only the dlc content is not a bad deal.

THis is great to show that many old fans still love Rtype Tactics. Hell yeahhhh

After the mess with Final 2/3/Evolved, I'm not falling for another Granzella kickstarter.

Back
Top Bottom