• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals PSA: CAPCOM has made a few of their classic titles (Mega Man, Street Fighter II) legally playable for free in your web browser

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
FyY_KnJXwAAiNal.jpg:orig

released to celebrate their 40th anniversary. the lineup includes Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Mega Man X, and the Super Nintendo ports of Street Fighter II and Final Fight. in both Japanese and International variants

these look to be emulated builds, naturally. and not cloud streamed.
the site also includes a full museum containing various design documents and other concept art for various IPs. so i'd highly reccomend checking that out as well.
image.png

(this is Bond Man, a rejected robot master for the original Mega Man that is mentioned in it's design doc.)

Oh nice. I have 5 instances of Street Fighter 2 playable on Switch, now I'm getting one on my freaking browser. When are you planning on going crazy about Street Fighter Alpha 3, Capcom?

Wait so the megaman x version is emulated or is it the 95 pc version?

edit: nvm too much work didn't saw the tags

I wonder how good the emulation is here. I've actually never played MMX before so now I have to choose between this, Wii U, SNES Classic, or hunting down an original cartridge lol.

Actually feel like the museum is the real story here, but having the games available is a nice bonus.

Could this mean Capcom may add their SNES and NES titles to NES Online and SNES Online?

info on the emulator used
I wonder how good the emulation is here.
it's using a version of Ares, a fork of the legendary cycle-accurate SNES emulator bsnes. the other systems i'm not too sure how good the emulation quality is, but i don't think there's much they could do about that considering the author sadly passed away a few years ago.
Copyright (c) 2004-2021 ares team, Near et al
i wanted to note this in the OP, but i couldn't find the exact source for it until now.

I was curious when they'd add more! Thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom