• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation PS Plus Premium has a problem

ProteusRidley

Famiboards one and only Lost Kingdoms simp
Where in God's name did all of the PS3 titles go? No Sonic games? All EA games are gone? How did it get so much smaller. I'm at a loss of words here, and we still have the garbage versions of New Vegas and 3.

Ain't too happy.

Honestly, they should have just added Extra and kept PlayStation Now as a separate thing.

I get it that 3rd party licensing deals can cause issues like this to happen, but a lot of stuff was cut and that really sucks.

Don't get me started on the lack of PS1/2 updates.

I upgraded for whatever small fee it was for the remainder of my subscription. Not going to renew, the offer is weak and the classics section is really bad.

Haven’t ever subscribed to plus (but skipped PS4 entirely and just got a PS5 and picked up a few single player games) but extra seems to me to be the only additional upgrade to be worth it. Probably will just do essential though since I will get a dozen worthy games to play (plus more) and then DLC that will inevitably go on sale. Should last me a year with all those titles. The recent-ish PS5 and multiple PS4 first party titles on extra though seem like a good deal considering many of those games are minimum $30 still.

Just wish the classic selection was more robust since that is important to me to experience as I only ever had a PS3/vita. Have a lot of classics there but the opportunity for tons of Japanese and obscure games is being lost. I’m sure there is little return in those but the PS1 was Ana amazing experimental system and we are missing a lot of that history with this bad release schedule.

is premium the one that replaces now or is it the old games one
It replaced the PS3 portion of now and also is the emulation based PS1/2/PSP downloads. It does have some PS4/5 games as well like gamepass, but mostly the PS3 streaming and retro downloads.

Now/PS3 games still don’t even exist in my region so Premium is for like 5 PS1 games.

A little off topic but I have a question about this service, do all games added to the service stay in my library and can be played even if they're cycled out ? For example Yakuza like a dragon is available on Gamepass and Plus premium but when the game leaves Gamepass I won't be able to play it anymore does that happen with the plus premium service

A little off topic but I have a question about this service, do all games added to the service stay in my library and can be played even if they're cycled out ? For example Yakuza like a dragon is available on Gamepass and Plus premium but when the game leaves Gamepass I won't be able to play it anymore does that happen with the plus premium service
Yeah it’s the same as gamepass, once it leaves you can’t play it anymore.
I could be wrong but I think yakuza like a dragon is part of the PS plus monthly games and as long as you add it to your library you can play it whenever as long as you’re still subbed to psplus.

I was disappointed to find that Metal Gear Solid is not playable on the service.
My nephew recently got into MGS series and I was surprised to find out how difficult it is to play most of the games on console, excepting MGS5.

Apparently this is ultimately Konami's bad, they pulled all digital store listings recently.

But still, the series being so popular and well-known and practically synonymous w/ PlayStation ... I was sure it would be on there!

Back
Top Bottom