• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Prediction: When does the Nintendo Switch pass PS4 LTD?

When does Switch blow past PS4 Lifetime sales?

Votes: 40 28.2%

Votes: 6 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Never, Switch Succ is coming next year and Switch sales fall off a cliff

Votes: 2 1.4%

Votes: 94 66.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd have definitely laughed if someone told me that in 2016 or 2017. Strange how things change so quickly.
Well that was VERY early on in or before the Switch's life so that I could get. It's just that, in a few years, it was quite clear it was going to be a huge success, at least on par with the PS4's success but folk still kept predicting a massive drop...for some reason

Switch at end of this year will easily pass 100m+, so at end of next year Switch should easily pass PS4 LTD numbers.
Even in worst case (Switch 2 launching at end of next year), it will pass PS4 LT numbers in 1st half of 2023.

I find very strange that OP initially include options for 2025, 2026. and 2027. but not for 2022.

When Switch passes PS4 LTD, will it finally be the market leader, or does that title just default to the PS5?
It's a title reserved exclusively for Playstation consoles. The measurement and criteria will change to fit the rule lol, they'll probably say that the combined active users of PS4 and PS5 keep Sony ahead.

Back
Top Bottom