• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Pouring one out for the Megaman Legend Collection/remaster

omniryu

Koopa
Pronouns
He/him
It was a great direct, a great summer, but we didn't get our dream collection or remaster. Just so you know the luck gods revived the Mario and Luigi franchise instead of Megaman legends. MML took this sacrifice so M&L can fly.

Edit: I think we had our Megaman content for the year. I think we have to try next year.

Last edited:
it will happen eventually. Or maybe Capcom is just afraid of that one because it will make the cries for a sequel start again

2026 mark my words, with MVC2 coming which will be first 3D game Capcom has put out in a collection for a while.

I ain't pouring anything. It's not like end of the world, they can still come out. Capcom still has tons of stuff to make collections out of, Legends series is just one of them. They haven't even touched the PS1 era games (Dino Crisis!).

I ain't pouring anything. It's not like end of the world, they can still come out. Capcom still has tons of stuff to make collections out of, Legends series is just one of them. They haven't even touched the PS1 era games (Dino Crisis!).
Oh I should have put for this year. Let me edit the op.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry yet. The Battle Network collection was only a year ago. I'm willing to be that there are more Mega Man ports in the future.

At some point, I wonder if it would just be better for Capcom to start over and remaster/remake the games from the ground up.

You'd get rid of the lingering issues, such the brands that need to be patched out, and hiring a new vocal English cast would get rid of Teasel's original and unfortunate casting on the same token.

2026 mark my words, with MVC2 coming which will be first 3D game Capcom has put out in a collection for a while.
What about 2025?
Don’t worry, obviously next month’s NSO drop is a 2-pack of Megaman 64 and resident evil 2
Hmm, I don't know how I feel about that.i have the digital copy of the first two on PS3. It is just the controls that gets to me.
I'll never stop believing.
You're a hero.
I wouldn't worry yet. The Battle Network collection was only a year ago. I'm willing to be that there are more Mega Man ports in the future.
I think this year what we got for the NSO is what we will get.
At some point, I wonder if it would just be better for Capcom to start over and remaster/remake the games from the ground up.

You'd get rid of the lingering issues, such the brands that need to be patched out, and hiring a new vocal English cast would get rid of Teasel's original and unfortunate casting on the same token.
Idk, I do know it needs new controls

I don't see how this was a make or break moment it? Capcom announced 2 collections in this direct. One for games which seemed stuck in licensing he'll and one for a pair of game that we never got half of.

It's not like they are stopping after this, Legends can always come later.

It will happen one day, right after the starforce collection and the spin-off collection (Battle and Chase, the Famicom board game,Mega Man Soccer and both of the Power Battle games)

Edit: I forgot Super Adventure Rockman in the spin-off collection.

Last edited:
I'm just waiting for Star Force at this point, but Legends seems likelier.

Glad we got BN though

james-gandolfini-t-shirt.jpg

Isn't BN collection one of the best selling MM games, if not the best selling one? There's plenty more games to port, I would guess it's just a matter of time

Honestly with some of the collections of games we have been getting the last few years I’m more confident than ever that all our favourite classic titles will eventually see new releases. Just a matter of time before Capcom reaches PSone era collections

It'll come when it's ready. I'll be happy with either a Legends or Star Force collection.

Back
Top Bottom