• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl sold 6m units in their first week

mazi

picross pundit
thanks to @Lelouch0612 for posting this on install base. i thought people here might find it interesting as well.

Courtesy of Gbiz Japan, we now know how much the Sinnoh remakes sold WW in their first week.

For comparison, here are some previous milestones achieved by Nintendo games on Switch :
  • Super Mario Odyssey (2017) : 2m
  • Pokémon Let's Go (2018) : 3m
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018) : 5m
  • Pokémon Sword/Shield (2019) : 6m
  • Pokémon BD/SP (2021) : 6m

Without a doubt, this is a huge success for Nintendo, TPC and ILCA. The games should confortably become the best-selling remakes.

Last edited:
I really didn't think it was gonna do so well if ya'll remember my thread. I hope they listen to the complaints/feedback is all I can really think.

Congrats to them.

Something something away with can't get keeping.

But, yet another guaranteed 10 million (15 million?) plus selling title on Switch (and sure, we all knew it would be). How many does that make it? Nintendo have never had so many successful games on a single platform before. Also going to be fascinating to see what happens with Legends.

Will be interesting to see the legs. I know I will give in once the itch inevitably hits in a couple of months or so. 12-14 mio. should be easily doable, I suppose.

I really didn't think it was gonna do so well if ya'll remember my thread. I hope they listen to the complaints/feedback is all I can really think.

Congrats to them.
It is very well liked by the huge majority of those 6+ million people.
I hope they fixes some of the bugs, but for most this game seems to be great.

Something something away with can't get keeping.

But, yet another guaranteed 10 million (15 million?) plus selling title on Switch (and sure, we all knew it would be). How many does that make it? Nintendo have never had so many successful games on a single platform before. Also going to be fascinating to see what happens with Legends.
15 million is pretty much locked, it's far ahead of ORAS already.

Fantastic, BDSP is the only gen I had never played at all and I've been absolutely loving it. I legitimately love the visual style too. As always they could cater to hardcore players better with some simple toggles but considering the massive spread of players and ages they reach and ssrve, imo they did a fantastic job.

15 million is pretty much locked, it's far ahead of ORAS already.
I would not call it that early since PLA may mess up with its leg. That said I think it's within GF/ICLA's power to maintain BDSP's sale trajectory by releasing DLCs (Battle Frontier? Not so much hope, but a man can dream ....)

I would not call it that early since PLA may mess up with its leg. That said I think it's within GF/ICLA's power to maintain BDSP's sale trajectory by releasing DLCs (Battle Frontier? Not so much hope, but a man can dream ....)
It's going to blow past 10 million before PLA even launches. It will get to 15 million without issue.

To be honest I think people can complain about the quality, as long as their doing it in good faith
I have absolutely nothing against people expressing their criticism; that part of my post was purely light-hearted.

Yesterday we talked about it on a podcast about it. BDSP is a good Pokémon game to accompany Sword and Shield. The game is fine, like a 7 fine.
The reason I liked it is because of the Underground without it the game would fell short for me.

But overall a great achievement for ILCA.

Wild.

I hope that means ILCA gets a bit more time and budget for the Unova remakes. There are nuggets of a really good remake here but there’s a lack of polish throughout.

Also, please adopt the art style in battle throughout the rest of the game. It’s great.

And all that for a game that is still unfinished in a pretty objective sense (several of the multiplayer features are still roped off even on the latest patch).

Also, please adopt the art style in battle throughout the rest of the game. It’s great.

They won't for the next remakes either. The choice to use a chibi overworld design and then switch to detailed versions for battles, as they did in all the games up to at least XY, arguably all the way to SwSh, will continue until at least that point. representative of the original games will continue, just like all the remakes so far have been

I knew it would do well but BDSP is blowing me away. Feels really nuts, maybe it'll slow down after the holidays but whew.

Back
Top Bottom