• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation PlayStation State of Play announced for October 27 at 2:00 PM PT/10:00 PM BST (20 minutes, focused on third party content)

frog

Spin it, boys!
Hello again! Just a quick note to tell you that State of Play returns next Wednesday, October 27 at 2:00pm PT / 10:00pm BST. As usual, you can watch our broadcast live on Twitch and YouTube. Hooray!

This time out, we’ll be focusing on announcements and updates for upcoming third-party releases headed to PS5 and PS4.

The show is looking to be ~20 minutes or so, and will share new looks at previously announced games, plus a few reveals from our partners around the world.

See you Wednesday!

YouTube
Twitch

Last edited:
Didn't one of the directors from GF said that they don't make post game anymore because of phones?

Something along that line?

It seemed pretty far along, so some kind of release date/window would be nice. Also hoping for FF16, but that's probably too optimistic.
16 would be nice too, but I don't expect anything on that until Forspoken is out.

There is a multiplayer Crash game in development they've been teasing a lot recently. The last tease was on the PlayStation event so I'd say it's likely we'll see it here.
If Wumpa League is still a thing, I doubt it's been in active development. Toys for Bob wasn't willingly made into a CoD support studio (as evidenced by the exodus of staff around the announcement). They were forced into the machine because how bad development has been going for Warzone and Vanguard. They shouldn't have anyone to spare for it. Best chance would be next year if Activision has adjusted to covid.

If Wumpa League is still a thing, I doubt it's been in active development. Toys for Bob wasn't willingly made into a CoD support studio (as evidenced by the exodus of staff around the announcement). They were forced into the machine because how bad development has been going for Warzone and Vanguard. They shouldn't have anyone to spare for it. Best chance would be next year if Activision has adjusted to covid.
Toys for Bob helping with COD != Toys for Bob only making COD. They still include Crash in some of their hiring material so it would be weird if they were completely done with the series.

And hell, even then, it can very well be done by other studio and we wouldn't know about it. I doubt they would be teasing it so heavily as far as yesterday having a tease if it wasn't in active development.

Hoping we see FFXVI. I'm only really interested in this title because the DMC combat designer is attached to it LOL

Is there anything specific we're expecting here? I don't feel like I'm too personally excited for this one

Toys for Bob has been teasing Wumpa League for the past few months now. They've sent prominent gamers and influencers Wumpa Piñatas (which people are still apparently getting?), a piece of concept art has been teased, they snuck the fully rendered logo into the anniversary video, they keep mentioning the name Wumpa League in every promotional thing they do. It's absolutely coming.

Pretty optimistic that they show Forspoken and FFXVI. Maybe Elden Ring, but Keighley has probably taken the next trailer for his award show.

Going in expecting FF16 is a mistake. I’d love to be wrong, I just don’t think Sony would make such a huge deal with Square and shove it in a small third party state of play.

Yeah, I wouldn’t expect FFXVI. They might announce a release date for Forspoken, though. Spring 2022 isn’t very far away. I think they’ll roll out FFXVI the same way they did FFXV, with a dedicated event in March 2022 launching a ~6 month promotional campaign and the game releasing in September (only this time I sort of think it won’t be delayed at the last minute until late November).

I’m also expecting an update on Ghostwire Tokyo, which was also said to be a Spring 2022 title.

Too early for a Dragon’s Dogma 2 teaser?

I’m interested to see more from Capcom and Squenix, regardless.

I just need XVI. That’s all. Please. You can’t announce a third party SOP and not show it I won’t accept it.

One probably shouldnt go in and expect every big AAA third party title for PS5 likeFinal Fantasy XVI, Forspoken, Pragmata and what else people are expecting.

Fully expecting focus to be somewhat close titles with one or maybe two bigger games to end the show. Square will be there, but I would honestly be surprised if they have both FF and Forspoken at the show.

I’m expecting a focus on bigger indie games as well as some Deathloop DLC and Ghostwire Tokyo blurbs.

I temporarily sticked this thread for the upcoming SOP, so please don't create a new thread.

FFXVI time! If they don't show it it's time to go uncivil 😠!

This looks interesting at least. Seems like my kinda game.
Let it Die sequel I guess? That's cool, I enjoyed that game. Of course the youtube chat were all spamming "l" and "skip" Not surprising.

Big fans of Nintendo's ARMS.

"I want to reach more people but I don't trust people that use hashtags." lol, great line

I heard good things about death's door, good it's coming to ps5 (and to switch)

Last edited:
Glad that a new Star Ocean is coming, but those designs are terrible. I don't think I've ever seen a less appealing protagonist.

Also, it appeared to have numerous slowdowns, according to the trailer at least

This State of Play is the worse live event related to video games since the Wii Music reveal. It was even worse that the Nintendo E3 conference that ended with a Nintendo Land fireworks.

Sony really need to differentiate the regular showcases and the indie ones from one another. Because this structure really does not do either of the two any favours.

Back
Top Bottom