• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation Playstation Presents the Top Three Played Titles in Select Country

ILikeFeet

Warpstar Knight
CANADA
  1. Fortnite
  2. Call of Duty®
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
UNITED STATES
  1. Fortnite
  2. Call of Duty®
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
MEXICO
  1. Fortnite
  2. Call of Duty®
  3. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
COLOMBIA
  1. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  2. Fortnite
  3. Call of Duty®
BRAZIL
  1. EA Sports FIFA 23
  2. Fortnite
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
ARGENTINA
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Rocket League
IRELAND
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
UNITED KINGDOM
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
FRANCE
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
SPAIN
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
NETHERLANDS
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
GERMANY
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
POLAND
  1. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  2. Fortnite
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
ITALY
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
SWEDEN
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
FINLAND
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
SOUTH AFRICA
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
Saudi Arabia
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
  1. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  2. Fortnite
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
SOUTH KOREA
  1. Diablo IV
  2. EA Sports FIFA 23
  3. Elden Ring
JAPAN
  1. Apex Legends
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. Fortnite
AUSTRALIA
  1. Fortnite
  2. Call of Duty®
  3. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
NEW ZEALAND
  1. Fortnite
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Call of Duty®

Rankings are based on total hours played across PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 consoles between 1st January 2023 and 30th November 2023.

That’s not unsurprising. Most people play 1-2 games every year, and it’s basically those ones lol.

Welp, good to see that most European countries are able to agree on something, at last.

No wonder Epic is trying to make Fortnite a platform. It basically is the one game casuals+hardcore play on the regular.

Everyone has such boring taste lol. Not that there's anything wrong with those games but I think it'd be a lot more fun if we had a bit more variety.

The Playstation audience.

Not just PlayStation, Xbox would also be extremely close to this as well.
You can just look at a the current snapshot for Xbox Most played games for US, UK and CA.
Big difference would be Roblox, but that's just because Roblox has been out on Xbox since 2015 and JUST got a PlayStation release this October.

Even on PC, Fornite is easily the most played game in most countries around the world beside a few outliers that are more present in the PC space. Things like LoL for China and South Korea, for example.

bleh

Also no wonder Sony was shitting their pants about potentially losing CoD.

This really shows how much of a minority the “hard core gamer” is. You have people like us talking about playing 15-20 games every year while the average person played fortnite, cod, and a sports game and that’s it.

Predictable, I don't really get why they'd publish a list of top 3's though instead of like a top 10 or at least 5 lol, the great majority of people only play a couple games semi-regularly and maybe purchase 1 or 2 other games they'll invest a fraction of the time in. This wouldn't look that much different on Xbox and while I think it would look different on Nintendo I feel you'd still see repeats of the same titles over and over.

Predictable, I don't really get why they'd publish a list of top 3's though instead of like a top 10 or at least 5 lol, the great majority of people only play a couple games semi-regularly and maybe purchase 1 or 2 other games they'll invest a fraction of the time in. This wouldn't look that much different on Xbox and while I think it would look different on Nintendo I feel you'd still see repeats of the same titles over and over.

Top 5 would still be relatively same games in most countries. Some of the countries don't have CoD or GTA5 on their Top 3, but you can bet it's either #4 or #5.
The Top 10 in most countries would then just add things like Apex Legends, Destiny 2, Rocket League, Rainbow Six Siege, Minecraft, NBA2K in different kind of order, but it'll still be the same games.

Here's Circana's (US) Player Engagement Tracker for PlayStation for September 2023:

F9dMk6Ja4AAtlPX

hilarious that they would even publish this. why not make it top 10?
it's all money for Sony anyway, so it's no skin off their backs

I'm fairly sure Fifa doesn't sell enough on Switch to even be in the top 5 every year, and Fortnite might make it in the top 3 but it definitely wouldn't be a slam dunk.
to be fair, Fifa has been trash since the switch's second year. only in 2023 did the system get a game worth a damn, and so far, the results have been stellar. I expect the series to continue growing on drake

This really shows how much of a minority the “hard core gamer” is. You have people like us talking about playing 15-20 games every year while the average person played fortnite, cod, and a sports game and that’s it.
given sales of stuff like Spider-man and God of War, these folks definitely play other stuff, but unlike the top games, these "end" eventually

And this is why so many companies are chasing the ghost of GAAS. The most played games around the world are all years old games that still get content to this day.

You love to see that FIFA self-own, one of the bigger fumbles in recent times.

If playing EA Sports FC 24 on the Switch has taught me anything it's that the community is actually ripe for a credible challenger to emerge. So if FIFA grants their license to a dev capable of making a competent soccer game and retains all the real life clubs and player likenesses, what choice the market would go with isn't a foregone conclusion.

If playing EA Sports FC 24 on the Switch has taught me anything it's that the community is actually ripe for a credible challenger to emerge. So if FIFA grants their license to a dev capable of making a competent soccer game and retains all the real life clubs and player likenesses, what choice the market would go with isn't a foregone conclusion.
who even has that kind of money? not even the closest competitor can spend the dosh to get all the teams, nevermind Fifa's excessively priced nameplate

Back
Top Bottom