• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Place your bets! How much % of the upcoming Direct will be remakes/remasters/ports?

How much %?

• 0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15%

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 30%

Votes: 29 33.3%
  • 45%

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • 60%

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • 75%

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • 90% or more

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters

Irene

#TheProcessPrevails
Pronouns
She/Her
(Yes, making this a trio of fun club Direct threads in an even succession is intentional on my part)

There’s not much left of the Switch’s lifecycle, so during this upcoming Direct, we might see a lot of this.

So, how much % of the show will be made up of games we’ve seen before?

Results will be revealed after the Direct and people who were the closest to the resulting percentage gets a fire flower picture.

Ports/remasters/remakes in all shapes and sizes: 60% at least.

But I think they'll be ports where we'll be excited for them, depending on the fandom lol.

Including third parties, I expect around 50 percent of the titles shown to be remakes/remasters/ports. And at this point in the Switch's lifetime, I'd be pretty ok with that.

Also, something I particularly love about the Switch is that it has received some of the most out of left field ports ever; nothing is really off the cards and that's exciting in its own way. Ubisoft could come out of the woodwork and be like "You know what? We're putting Incubation: Time is Running Out on the Switch. Because!" and I'd be like "Sure. That makes sense. Not the weirdest thing I've seen on the eShop. I'll buy it."

A lot, I hope. Port is often treated as a dirty word but I appreciate the Switch as a "port machine", as I missed out on so many previous generations.

45% is my guess.

The likes of DQ HD will do some of the heavy lifting. But if the likes of Prime 2+3 and maybe even Star Fox Assault are going to appear at all, I'd say this would be the time.

60% but not as a bad thing. It's late into the system's life, a new console is around the corner, and any remake/port of good games is fine as long as the game is solid enough. The bar shouldn't be set too high with this direct but I'll be happy over anything solid enough to keep me entertained.

40%, I expect at least half of these out of nowhere, welcome surprises. Like Pac-Man World 2 or Tales of Innocence.

I’m at 30%. As I think a lot of the sizzle reel stuff will be fresh indies that aren’t remakes, and on raw numbers they’ll reach a total much higher than FE, Dragon Quest and Metroid remakes etc that will all generate more discussion each on Fami, and give an impression of a remake-heavy period.

Guessing 30%... thinking a number of indies and 3rd-Parties will take up a chunk of the new releases, while first-party will be mostly more on the "remake" side of things.

40%.

I'm personally expecting couple of surprise remasters and ports in the direct, here's my wishful lists.

• DK country returns 3D.
  • Kirby robobots
  • Oracle of seasons
  • Metroid Prime 2
  • Metroid Prime 3
  • Some third party's, maybe some ports and remasters from the Wii Era.

About 40%, I hope to see a Zelda remake. And for DK, he needs a new game

40%.

I'm personally expecting couple of surprise remasters and ports in the direct, here's my wishful lists.

• DK country returns 3D.
  • Kirby robobots
  • Oracle of seasons
  • Metroid Prime 2
  • Metroid Prime 3
  • Some third party's, maybe some ports and remasters from the Wii Era.
Oracle of Seasons/Ages Remake would be my most hype announcement. Please!

@EvilChameleon @WestEgg @StretchNStripes @PixelKnight and the remaining 24 voters I can't see - here is your flower!

Vibe.png

Back
Top Bottom