• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Pipsqueak!, a new Metroidvania game now on Kickstarter (demo available)

mazi

picross pundit

Pipsqueak! is a Metroidvania starring Tofu, a small mouse exploring a strange and hostile world.

Uncover the truth of this expansive labyrinth through exploration, discovery, combat, and platforming challenges. Bring hope to this dying land and its tiny inhabitants in this grand adventure of mouse-sized proportions!

the game is made by a very small team (one person handling art and design, one programmer and one composer). they're also based in adelaide, australia, the home town on team cherry, who have backed the game and voiced their support. looks pretty good imo :)

Last edited:
I like how they took clear inspiration from other games but also presented new mechanics to go along with those inspired by.

For exemple, the pogo jump with the sword taken from Hollow Knight is well complemented with the blow-fish moving platforms you can position around which could make great puzzles.

I'll wishlist it to check the progress.

Doubt I'll have time to play the demo but I do dig the aesthetic. I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure.

Tried the demo, it's solid. I like it when games' pixel art aims for a very zoomed in low resolution look closer to the Game Boy or DS, like Ikenfell. Music is soothing.

That looks great! Maybe a little too difficult for my taste, but it’s got potential.

Back
Top Bottom