• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Pikmin App is now called Pikmin Bloom (and other news)

Raytro

Shriekbat
Pronouns
He/Him
(Since there isn't a thread for it)

ALSO:

Something may happens today, as it's the 20th birthday of the series.

Source: @news_pikmin (twitter)

JbDBr0M.jpeg

Last edited:
Do we know anything about the gameplay of this?

Edit: I just realized who Niantic are. I guess that says it all.

Do we know anything about the gameplay of this?

Edit: I just realized who Niantic are. I guess that says it all.
Like Pokemon GO in the idea but more of a walking companion app according to leaks from beta players. You can grow Pikmin, make them bloom, collect fruits and postcard (if I remember), and collect various kind of Pikmin with hats based on the location you found them (i.e. a popcorn hat if you found one at the movie theater).

I've been burnt out on PoGo for years, but still involved in the local community. This won't have the cachet of Pokemon attached to it, but I could see it being a better walking companion than PoGo has ever been. I'll definitely give it a try at launch.

Guess this’ll get announced today!

The dream is that there’s a Pikmin 4 teaser with it but probably won’t happen

Like Pokemon GO in the idea but more of a walking companion app according to leaks from beta players. You can grow Pikmin, make them bloom, collect fruits and postcard (if I remember), and collect various kind of Pikmin with hats based on the location you found them (i.e. a popcorn hat if you found one at the movie theater).
I was imagining a simplified pikmin game like the one in Nintendoland, but I guess this fits the mobile landscape a bit better.

Chibi-Robo genre shifting into a 2D platformer to try and appeal to the New Super Mario Bros. crowd, but doing it several years late to the 2D platformer trend, but this time it's Pikmin and Pokemon Go.

I genuinely hope it's good

Back
Top Bottom