• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Persona Series sold 2.4 million copies from January to February 2024

Bokuringo

Like Like
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him

According to the financial results, the Persona series sold approximately 2.39 million units worldwide (including digital and physical sales) in January, February, and March 2024. This is in large part due to the release of Persona 3 Reload on February 2nd, which was the fastest selling Atlus title in the company’s history.

This makes for a total of 5.06 million copies sold of the Persona series in the Fiscal Year ended March 2024. 630k copies were sold between April and June 2023, 750k between July and September 2023, and 1.3 million sold between October and December 2023.

Pretty great numbers. Can only imagine how crazy P6's launch will be. Especially if it's out aroud the holiday period next year alongside a shiny new console 0.0 They could do 4-5 million in 2 months which would be pretty insane for Atlus. Hope some of this hype rubs off on Metaphor.

This year I will try Persona 5, but the hype is a bit low, since some people were describing as a Shin Megami Tensei Lite.

I have more interest in the dungeons though.

Really wish it'd be SMT instead. I adore its weirdness so much more than slice of life school days. But I get why it's popular: people like characters, and SMT doesn't really offer a lot of character moments.

Really hope that if the series sees more and more success they'll be tackling their stories better. Persona has a lot of potential but I couldn't play 5 without divorcing it from the homophobia and skeevy jokes which made any of the already fairly simple messages hypocritical. You'd think "sexual assault is bad" would be a hard message to screw up.

Really wish it'd be SMT instead. I adore its weirdness so much more than slice of life school days. But I get why it's popular: people like characters, and SMT doesn't really offer a lot of character moments.

Really hope that if the series sees more and more success they'll be tackling their stories better. Persona has a lot of potential but I couldn't play 5 without divorcing it from the homophobia and skeevy jokes which made any of the already fairly simple messages hypocritical. You'd think "sexual assault is bad" would be a hard message to screw up.

im hoping Vengeance gets some fresh attention since it's a quiet year and the multiplatform thing

Persona 6 is gonna do insane numbers. I can't think of a more anticipated JRPG, especially if it launches on PS5/PS4, PC, and Switch 2 worldwide simultaneously.

I still remember the Persona 5 hype train. Let's go!!! #Teamgreen

what-color-palette-do-you-imagine-persona-6-will-be-and-why-v0-5t49d9i30lnc1.jpeg

im hoping Vengeance gets some fresh attention since it's a quiet year and the multiplatform thing
They've been marketing it pretty heavily which is nice to see, and since it's going multiplat that should really help. I'm hopeful! Plus SMTV was already the best-selling SMT and cracked 1 million.

If I had to guess Reload account for 1.2-1.3 million of that. Because while it did have a fantastic launch week, it appears that its tail is very weak, even comparing to the re-release of P5R
I wonder if GamePass is limiting its PC sales. Maybe a Switch 2 port will give it another boost.

I wonder if GamePass is limiting its PC sales. Maybe a Switch 2 port will give it another boost.
No idea how accurate they are but Gamalytic estimates 530,000 and VG Insights estimates 625,000 for units sold on Steam.

If I had to guess Reload account for 1.2-1.3 million of that. Because while it did have a fantastic launch week, it appears that its tail is very weak, even comparing to the re-release of P5R
Royal is the only other game with an high short-term sales tail at this point - I find it difficult to believe that it would consist of a little less than half the sales in the Janurary - Feburary - March timeframe.

Back
Top Bottom