• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Official Tweet PAX South Cancelled for the foreseeable future

That is a bummer. I went to Pax South in 2015 and 2017. I was able to try out the Nintendo Switch in late January 2017 there before it was released, and that was amazing in it of itself. I also had the chance to try a lot of indie games that I would never have played otherwise and tabletop games I never heard of. I brought back the card game Superfight to my family and we still play it to this day. Not to mention the amount of 3DS Street Passes I picked up holy crap.

Getting a chance to experience San Antonio both times was great. I'd love to experience the Riverwalk again at some point.

If I recall correctly, COVID hit ReedPop particularly hard due to the inability to run events. By the sound of it, they looked at South and deemed it wasn't worth the investment since the show wasn't growing in attendance and was no longer worth pouring more money into in hopes of it growing.

In contrast, according to the recent RPS Editor's Letter they're relocating EGX Rezzed to a bigger venue after this year so it doesn't sound like all their shows are having growth problems.

Back
Top Bottom