• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Out of all of Kirby's transformations in SSBU, which one is your favourite, and why is it (not) Terry's?

MissingNo.

Is this a jelly-filled doughnut? 🍙
Pronouns
he/him
If you know one thing about Kirby, it is probably that this cute, little puffball is actually an eldritch being that consumes their enemies and copies their abilities in order to become even more powerful. In Smash Bros., Kirby still consumes the power of their enemies, but at the very least has the decency to spit them back out once the deed is done.

With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate having a rather expansive roster of fighters, our ever insatiable, (power-) hungry little friend has a whopping 88 different transformations to choose from.

Now, your first instinct might be to say "But MissingNo., how could one ever choose their favourite among 88 different transformations?" But fret not, for the answer is quite simple.

On 6th November 2019, Masahiro Sakurai graced us with a showcase of the previously announced Terry Bogart joining the fight. During that very same presentation, we were introduced to the perfection that is Kirby Bogart.

0b109d34f5ec1f982df9205f2b17c8b29c634186.gifv

Just look at it. It is Kirby perfected. The hair. The hat. The tiny little gloves on his chubby hands. Performing Terry's iconic Power Wave move (or, as Kirby pronounces it, "Powa Weff!") and looking extremely dapper.

So what are your favourite Kirby transformations, Fami? Whether you are arguing style or utility, I am curious to find out.

I’m a simple gal and have not kept up with smash kirbys so i still just love kirby becoming samus’s helmet . of the newer ones once again just a simple gal and minecraft kirby for me is a delight .

Terry is real good, definitely a top three pick, but....

kirby.large.jpg

This one is just too funny to me... I guess I'm easily amused but... look at him! :ROFLMAO:

I also think Snake and Duck Hunt are incredible Kirbys.

SSBU_Mr._Game_%26_Watch_Kirby.jpg

I'm a sucker for color contrast and G&W's is perfect in that regard.

Gotta say I was really disappointed with the K. Rool hat though, I wish he had the whole head like Ridley's.

Terry is real good, definitely a top three pick, but....

kirby.large.jpg

This one is just too funny to me... I guess I'm easily amused but... look at him! :ROFLMAO:

Oh yeah, this one made me chuckle when I first saw it. Still, a great adaptation of Minecraft's style. It just works.

The baby
dd5s9be-5a704ed5-3af8-4328-8742-5d4b04cd1bf6.png

I just love the hats that fully cover Kirby, and this one is my favorite

Joker Kirby with the power of G U N cracks me up

but Bayonetta Kirby is way too fabulous. Could have just had the 'do. Nah, glasses are part of the iconic look.

... and the beauty mark:

63-bayonetta-kirby.large.jpg

FABULOUS. ICONIC.

ALSO:

__kirby_bayonetta_waddle_dee_and_jeanne_super_smash_bros_and_3_more_drawn_by_ouya_maboroshimori__67f505f363a374af1b77f825b6ab1cc3.png

Bayo Kirby really is great, yeah.

Here's a nice gallery for reference

Damn looking through these, there are too many good ones to post
You know, looking through this, and most of them are either good to great.

Except for Mii Kirby. Mii Kirby is just bad. I mean look at this:

51-mii-fighter-brawler-kirby.large.jpg

Real "made my costume in the bathroom at the party cause I forgot it was themed" kinda vibes.

lol we forgive you king!

Joker Kirby with the power of G U N cracks me up

but Bayonetta Kirby is way too fabulous. Could have just had the 'do. Nah, glasses are part of the iconic look.

... and the beauty mark:

63-bayonetta-kirby.large.jpg

FABULOUS. ICONIC.

ALSO:

__kirby_bayonetta_waddle_dee_and_jeanne_super_smash_bros_and_3_more_drawn_by_ouya_maboroshimori__67f505f363a374af1b77f825b6ab1cc3.png
Gotta agree, Kirbynetta is glorious and absolutely up there.

Bayo Kirby really is great, yeah.

You know, looking through this, and most of them are either good to great.

Except for Mii Kirby. Mii Kirby is just bad. I mean look at this:

51-mii-fighter-brawler-kirby.large.jpg

Real "made my costume in the bathroom at the party cause I forgot it was themed" kinda vibes.

lol we forgive you king!
At least it's funny though

After looking through them all, I think the clear worst is Mewtwo.

My wife's favorite was Donkey Kong, and I really see the appeal.

I'm torn between Duck Hunt and a collective grouping of all of them that seem like nothing but wigs (shout out to Lucas and Villager)

I like the Ness one a lot because it pays homage to the yo-yo form in Super Star.

Etm16nn.jpg

cbeKutl.png

HAL icons gotta stick together

I'd also like to give a shout out to Ice Climber Kirby. He looks so snug!

The Bowser Jr. Kirby is alright but it's elevated by the neutral special cannon coming out of Kirby's maw. It looks so goofy.

I'd also like to give a shout out to Ice Climber Kirby. He looks so snug!

The Bowser Jr. Kirby is alright but it's elevated by the neutral special cannon coming out of Kirby's maw. It looks so goofy.
screen-3.jpg

In a way, this is a very apt portrayal of Kirby's hilarious, yet deeply unsettling nature.

Back
Top Bottom