• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Ordering Zelda TotK from UK online retailers? Shortlist of best deals and promotional items by store (best deal currently £44.99)

PixelKnight

Observing the process
Pronouns
He/Him
I was looking around for the best deal from stores I’ve used in the past, so thought I might as well compile it in case it saves anyone else a tenner too.

UP: 12 May
Argos are selling for £49.99 but with new account sign-up code found here you can get it for £44.99: https://competitions.argos.co.uk/marketing_sign_up/?$ja=tsid:11674|prd:1546795

Currys have a pre-order for £44.99 with code ZELDA25
Free launch day delivery
https://www.currys.co.uk/products/n...d-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-10248678.html

The Game Collection- £49.95
Until Sunday 16 April use code GOLDEGG5 for 5% off making it £47.45

Shopto.net- £49.85 with free poster

HMV- £51.99

hit.co.Uk (used to be Base.com)- £52.85

Amazon- £59.99

Game- £59.99 with bonus coin

Nintendo.co.Uk- £59.99 ( you get a coin and a luggage tag with this)
As above with notebook- £64.49
With ‘collectors medal’ - £67.49
With notebook and medal- £72.49

Last edited:
I did see it for £48.75 at this seller, ‘gamesoldseperately.co.Uk’, but I’ve never used them before so didn’t want to put it in the OP. Has anyone used them?

I did see it for £48.75 at this seller, ‘gamesoldseperately.co.Uk’, but I’ve never used them before so didn’t want to put it in the OP. Has anyone used them?

Never used them, but they have pretty good Trust Pilot reviews.

Nintendo.co.Uk- £59.99 (Facebook promotion also claims you get a coin and a luggage tag with this

That's not just a Facebook promo claim, just so you know.

I realised a while ago with some other game, but the newer version of the Nintendo store is absolute garbage, and despite it not saying what they are anywhere on the page, any item that has a set of "bonus items with purchase", as shown on the first image in the webpage, will also add those items, whatever they are, to your cart if you add the game they come with. They do indeed add a coin and luggage tag if you put that in your cart.

Are what they look like.

That's not just a Facebook promo claim, just so you know.

I realised a while ago with some other game, but the newer version of the Nintendo store is absolute garbage, and despite it not saying what they are anywhere on the page, any item that has a set of "bonus items with purchase", as shown on the first image in the webpage, will also add those items, whatever they are, to your cart if you add the game they come with. They do indeed add a coin and luggage tag if you put that in your cart.

Are what they look like.
Sweet thanks for clearing that up! I’ll update the op

Nintendolife retailer tracker
NintendoLife has a list of options for both US and UK here-

Edit- US list is pretty short down to sticking to RRP while the UK one is, as usual, all over the place. If anyone does spot a good deal wherever you are, drop a post in here and I’ll flag it up in the title :)

Last edited:
NintendoLife has a list of options for both US and UK here-

Edit- US list is pretty short down to sticking to RRP while the UK one is, as usual, all over the place. If anyone does spot a good deal wherever you are, drop a post in here and I’ll flag it up in the title :)
The Game Collection has dropped the free poster but until Sunday has a code GOLDEGG5 for 5% off making it £47.45 plus if you have an account you might have some of their loyalty points.

New link here as the link in the OP 404s now: https://www.thegamecollection.net/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-switch

The Game Collection has dropped the free poster but until Sunday has a code GOLDEGG5 for 5% off making it £47.45 plus if you have an account you might have some of their loyalty points.
I would have done this but I unfortunately pre ordered from Shopto via PayPal and they don't refund your money back if you cancel, instead they refund you in points which absolutely sucks.

Last edited:
Thanks for this, I’ve just ordered it- £44.99 with free launch day delivery is the best deal I’ve seen so far!
Currys has dispatched my copy. If it arrives tomorrow I’ll be definitely considering them for pre-orders or my physical games in future

Anyone ordered CE from Argos? No updates from them yet...Shopto order was shipped yesterday so I might get it today if I'm lucky.

I ordered with Game Collection. It's been "preparing for dispatch" since Tuesday; they use Royal Mail 24, but 24 hour delivery usually only happens if they dispatch by early afternoon the day before.

I got it at a good price (£45), but I'm a little worried at not getting it on launch day. Fingers crossed!

Mine just arrived from Currys before lunch on release day. Pretty impressed with that for the price (£45). I’ll use them again in future.

Has anyone who ordered from Amazon in the UK received their copy? Mine has been dispatched but not out for delivery yet 😭

Still waiting. It's Royal Mail 24 delivering, so it should arrive by 3pm if it's coming today.

My Currys order arrived, but not at home to check on its condition. Was a bit hesitant to order from them as my copy of Kirby Forgotten Land did arrive with a cracked case (got a £5 voucher to use in store as compensation), but for the price I thought I'd give them one more chance.

£45 for the game really made the LE not worth it lol. Neither was spending £15 extra for the coin and tag from Nintendo themselves.

Argos are selling for £49.99 but with new account sign-up code found here you can get it for £44.99: https://competitions.argos.co.uk/marketing_sign_up/?$ja=tsid:11674|prd:1546795

Quidco are also running a couple of cashback promos which you can theorectically use to potentially get it for £39.50 overall from the Nintendo store but Quidco take months to only possibly payout so I honestly wouldn't recommend

While that could in principle happen, I've never actually had Quidco not pay out on a order that I didn't return or similar.

Pre-ordered from The Game Collection start of February. My order page said shipped 2 days ago. Just got a shipped email -today-. Oh the pain.

Pre-ordered from The Game Collection start of February. My order page said shipped 2 days ago. Just got a shipped email -today-. Oh the pain.
They use Royal Mail 24, which is meant to be a 24 hour service, but which actually isn't a guaranteed service. Mine shipped at some point in the last 2 days, but tracking for this service only applies when the item is either delivered or unable to delivered, so I don't know where it is.

Unless you live in a rural area, Royal Mail are also largely done with deliveries to residential addresses by around this time of day, so I'm not expecting mine to arrive. I've complained to Game Collection because there's not much point in preordering and paying so far in advance to not actually receive the game on launch day.

If you've a branch of Argos near you, and really want a physical copy today, you might be able to collect or even get delivery.

Yep, never ordering with The Game Collection again.

If I pop out and buy a copy at Argos/Tesco/Asda today, could I return the copy I eventually get from TGC back to Argos?

Yep, never ordering with The Game Collection again.

If I pop out and buy a copy at Argos/Tesco/Asda today, could I return the copy I eventually get from TGC back to Argos?
You should be able to return to TGC for a refund pretty easily when the copy arrives, if you wanted to get a different one today. I think if it's unopened you have 14 days to return it for a full refund.

I complained and got £4 in loyalty points added to my account. Most of the time I'm not too fussed about playing on launch day. Just typical that the one game I definitely wanted on release day hasn't arrived.

You should be able to return to TGC for a refund pretty easily when the copy arrives, if you wanted to get a different one today. I think if it's unopened you have 14 days to return it for a full refund.

I complained and got £4 in loyalty points added to my account. Most of the time I'm not too fussed about playing on launch day. Just typical that the one game I definitely wanted on release day hasn't arrived.

Yeah, I’ve gone to Argos and got it there for £44.99, have emailed TGC but not heard back yet.

I did see on Twitter that they will send you a free post return label if you wanted to go out and get a copy elsewhere today?

Yeah, I’ve gone to Argos and got it there for £44.99, have emailed TGC but not heard back yet.

I did see on Twitter that they will send you a free post return label if you wanted to go out and get a copy elsewhere today?
I have a health condition and it's kicking my arse currently, so no going out. I'm content to wait; it's frustrating but when I'm ill like this I'm not sure I'd get much gaming time in anyway.

I have a health condition and it's kicking my arse currently, so no going out. I'm content to wait; it's frustrating but when I'm ill like this I'm not sure I'd get much gaming time in anyway.

Ahh that’s fair, hope you feel better, fingers crossed the game arrives tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom