• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Retro OPINION: Wii Music Is Among Nintendo's Greatest

Raccoon

Fox Brigade
Pronouns
He/Him
Nintendo music of all eras is beloved by many, but I feel that the music of the Wii deserves a special spotlight. Much of it composed by Totaka or Nagamatsu, it has a unique sound that I feel does not get enough recognition in enthusiast circles. Here is the title theme of Wii Party, composed by Ryo Nagamatsu.

Better known is the classic theme of Wii Sports, composed by Kazumi Totaka. Totaka is also notable for being in Animal Crossing.

Perhaps yet more iconic, the quirky Mii Channel theme is also the work of Totaka.

Finally, the Wii Shop Channel demands no introduction.

So Famiboards, do you agree that Wii music is among Nintendo's greatest? Here is a thirty minute mix of Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort jams to help you decide.

Be honest, you were trying to bait people into thinking this was about the game "Wii Music"
Oh my goodness, of course not. I failed to realize how my especially rigid use of title case would mislead. Since you brought the maligned Totaka directorial debut up, however, I will of course share its own very nice title theme, as performed in Wii Music: Wii Music - Wii Music.

Shit; you got me.

Wii Music music is fine and all, but Mario Paint is the superior Nintendo music tool.

Hearing it does certainly bring me back to a different time. I can't at all separate my thoughts on these pieces from the way they make me feel 10 years old again, so I'll just say that I love feeling that way.

Oh my goodness, of course not. I failed to realize how my especially rigid use of title case would mislead. Since you brought the maligned Totaka directorial debut up, however, I will of course share its own very nice title theme, as performed in Wii Music: Wii Music - Wii Music.

Yeah, uh, just about everyone is gonna be confused by the title lol

Also Wii Music was a fine game, even if a bit shallow

I like others thought this was about the game not the system output (the game isn’t great but not bad if you are a creative type to be honest). I think the “Wii” branded music was maybe the second best series of music on the Wii behind Mario games (galaxy specifically). Makes me miss the days of system level music. The Switch OS is snappy, but missing the bops of the old systems.

Can i get the Wii Shop music please on switch please

Can be on the menu itself.

It’s a pretty catchy theme

You just gave Nintendo a new idea. DLC tracks for the Switch eShop. $10 to add the Wii Shop music to the eShop. It's a brilliant plan.

It's okay. It's the sort of thing I'd probably love if I had a lot of nostalgia for it. Something like the Gamecube's system level sound effects aren't any special but I love them out of nostalgia.

The Wii Shop Channel song is fantastic, and I've thought that since 06. It blows away the other Wii music, and the other console menu music in general.

I was ready to skin some raccoons over that misleading title.

It's okay. It's the sort of thing I'd probably love if I had a lot of nostalgia for it. Something like the Gamecube's system level sound effects aren't any special but I love them out of nostalgia.

The Wii Shop Channel song is fantastic, and I've thought that since 06. It blows away the other Wii music, and the other console menu music in general.
Yeah, this is where I'm at. Obviously the Wii Shop theme is iconic and everlasting, but outside of that I was a bit too old to have strong emotional attachment to the music, compared to stuff like this:

(And I'm probably the biggest GameCube hater on this board!)

Stuff like the Mii Channel theme is cute, but it's not something I'd actually listen to outside of the actual channel.

I enjoyed Wii Music (as in the game Wii Music) a lot. In fact there isn’t anything like it on the market. The amount of freedom you have to create song arrangements is amazing.

Lmao this title... Reading it I was like "fuuuuuuck, my weekend is cursed now!" but @Raccoon turned it into a great OP and now my weekend is saved lol.

I also thought this thread was about the game. 🤣

You knew exactly what you were doing with that title

Anyway, enjoy

This is the kind of shit that plays in anime when the main character is in a dream sequence where everything seems perfect and then it slowly unravels

When you realise that an entire generation of kids will grow up without any decent UI music :(

Nintendo and Xbox are silent and Playstation has ambient droning sounds. It's kinda sad tbqh

When you realise that an entire generation of kids will grow up without any decent UI music :(

Nintendo and Xbox are silent and Playstation has ambient droning sounds. It's kinda sad tbqh
It's all been downhill after the PS1 bootup sound.

The GameCube startup is no slouch, and the Wii had loads of lovely incidental music, but that big, beautiful booming synth when the PS1 started is the stuff dreams are made of

Actually, Wii Music, the game, is misunderstood and it is good for what it is doing. Yeah I know the thread was not for that. And yes I understand what you are going for and I somewhat agree. There are lot of great things from that era.

Back
Top Bottom