• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion One Piece Odyssey coming to Switch July 26 2024

SirArthur

Kremling
Pronouns
He/Him

https://nintendoeverything.com/one-piece-odyssey-coming-to-switch/

The Nintendo Switch version of ONE PIECE ODYSSEY includes the Reunion of Memories Additional Scenario that can be played after clearing the main game.

Through these new quests and the main game, revive the most iconic moments of One Piece and meet again with characters such as Ace, Lucci, Mihawk, Eneru, and Whitebeard in the world of their memories.

On top of that, the Traveling outfits for the Straw Hats Crew, the Sniper King’s Traveling Outfit and the Nintendo Switch exclusive City of Water outfits will be included in this version of the game!

Specs:
  • TV mode: 1920×1080
  • Handheld mode: 1280x720
  • FPS: 30fps in both cases

V5npsBy.png

Last edited:
Great, I've been looking to play this one. It'll feel much better after the disaster on 3DS called Romance Down.

Also I'm totally loving this Namco "late in life" support for Switch. Gundam, SAO, Spy X Family even Ace Combat, which is releasing on the same month as Odyssey.

Thankfully is seems this one didn't have much graphical compromises like SAO Alicization

Last edited:
Neat. I really need to pick this game up again. I did enjoy this game originally....maybe I give it another shot on the switch

I kinda forgot about this one. I was thinking about the ps5 version, but was waiting for a price drop. I've read it's a good, but too easy game?

Thankfully is seems this one didn't have much graphical compromises like SAO Alicization
That was because Aquaria ported the game themselves and failed to do a good job. You will see similar results when Last Recollection arrives on Switch this year, as it was recently rated by Australian boards.

That was because Aquaria ported the game themselves and failed to do a good job. You will see similar results when Last Recollection arrives on Switch this year, as it was recently rated by Australian boards.
Yeah, Aquria ports are something. I still enjoyed the game so it's not really a big complaint

Wow Bamco really are wizards I remember reading that this game could never ever run on Switch.

/s obviously. Shame this wasn't day and date, don't think it's going to (ugh) make enough of a splash to sell as well as it would have.

Seeing more of the trailer it looks nice. I was curious about the game but I knew Bandai anime games always get late ports. Still, Ill probably wait for a sale since its coming out in a busy time for me.

Yes. finally! It sucks that, with One Piece being a proven good fit for Nintendo platforms, we still have to wait for late ports (with the exception of Pirate Warriors 4), but better late than never.

Bamco and late Switch ports, a tale as old as time.

Didn’t really care for the demo and the artstyle just never really worked for me. Always preferred the way Unlimited World Red looks.

One thing bugging me is still this lack of an english dub. When MHA and DBZ get dub options, One Piece still hasnt had the dub cast in games.

After all this time a bigger feature than some costumes would be a proper dub.

Yes. finally! It sucks that, with One Piece being a proven good fit for Nintendo platforms, we still have to wait for late ports
I honestly do not understand Bandai Namco's logic in porting their anime games late to Switch. It just seems like massive missed opportunities, over and over. Hell, any anime set in modern times will feature a Switch.

I guess it's possible that whatever engine they're using is just hard to adapt for Switch... that's the only explanation I can think of.

The irony is that the late Switch version might be able to ride the still existing hype of the live action show, especially if there's season 2 news anytime soon.

? Seems like Monkeycraft did the port: https://monkeycraft.co.jp/work.html

Any source for Aquria doing it themselves? Never saw anyone specific do Hollow Realization on Switch so that one I assume was by Aquria themselves.

I honestly do not understand Bandai Namco's logic in porting their anime games late to Switch. It just seems like massive missed opportunities, over and over. Hell, any anime set in modern times will feature a Switch.

I guess it's possible that whatever engine they're using is just hard to adapt for Switch... that's the only explanation I can think of.
I wish they did like other devs and use the Switch as a baseline for non-AAA efforts and then "up-port" those games to other systems instead of the other way around.

It has little to do with their engine since they share it with whatever porting company they use. It’s more they just don’t think about the Switch until a yr+ down the line when they can cheaply port it over using an external company; or when someone on a team remembers the Switch.

The interesting thing about this is that Bandai's catalogue of games in the last 5+ years have been done in UE. Their internal studio, Bandai Namco studios, has done mostly UE work: Arise, Scarlet Nexus, Tekken, Blue Protocol, etc.

Funny enough this team has the least number of switch games, outside of contract work like Pokemon spinoffs and Smash (and the Taiko games). But this summer we are getting one of their games Ace Combat 7 (a UE4 game)

Better late than never hehe.
It was alright, hope the performance is up to snuff.

Although there hasn't really been a solid One Piece game IMO, I like the Musou games and I'm glad that like Naruto we didn't get 5 (or more) arena fighters (although those re-animated cutscenes are goated). I wish there would be something similar to DBZ: Kakarot with One Piece. I pretty much consider that the definitive DBZ game, especially with all the DLC's that came out after that.
Odyssey does get close to that though.

I kinda forgot about this one. I was thinking about the ps5 version, but was waiting for a price drop. I've read it's a good, but too easy game?
It's on the easier side for sure. It's about equivalent to DQXI (non draconian mode), or the Fairy Tail game. If those ring a bell then you'll know exactly what to expect in terms of difficulty.

When it released the difficulty rhetoric felt way overblown. Like people were more upset just that there weren't any options, not to mention the first chapter (basically 4-5 hr, so nothing quick) is all incredibly simple tutorial type fare. I put 40+ hrs in to complete most of the side stuff and the main storyline before the dlc and there are definitely boss battles where healing and skills require thoughtful input, with spikes in difficulty starting around chapter 2 and in every subsequent ch. Again, it's far from a strategy game but it's not like you can ohko every enemy and boss in the game with absolutely no effort. That's a gross exaggeration for an otherwise really solid, well playing and good looking anime rpg. I'm not even a big fan of One Piece but I remembered the show and picked it up because it looked like fun to just explore (which I found to be true).

Back
Top Bottom