• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News oh no: Homestuck is coming to Nintendo Switch (and PS4/5)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
PesterSim+Key+Art+Landscape+8+Characters+copy.jpg

specifically the spin-off Hiveswap and Pesterquest games. launching December 7th. you can either buy them seperately or in a bundle for about $23.99

the original webcomic is most notable for launching the career of Undertale/Deltarune's creator Toby Fox. including a certain track appearing in it after it's initial showing in an Earthbound romhack.

Given Homestuck's... troubled relationship with game development, I'm kind of surprised they're still at it.

That said, I fell off it pretty hard after the epilogue started, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I never finished act 6, just a total slog and Hussie is a washed up hack

Shame as for a while the comic was really fun

Everything that is worth liking about homestuck was done better and more efficiently in its predecessor Problem Sleuth.

Hm... I don't like this. Anyway help Susan Taxpayer beat this Homestuck character in the Overworked Blorbo Poll. Don't know who the other character is but Susan is definitely more overworked than they are

There's only 10 hours left to vote!

I never finished act 6, just a total slog and Hussie is a washed up hack

Shame as for a while the comic was really fun
Hussie had the bizarre fortune of stumbling on a goldmine and he's just set fire to it for years now.

Iโ€™ve managed to go 29 years without knowing what the hell a Homestuck is
It's okay I'm young enough that I couldn't get away from people talking about it back in its heyday circa ten years ago.

I still have no idea what the hell it is.

Having never read the webcomic but seeing the hype in its heyday and then its transformation into a kind of "we don't speak that name" in some circles, I guess I can say congrats to the fans... or sorry that happened.

I watched a 2 hour YouTube video about it (but not the 1 hour follow-up video about the legal threats the creator received from Homestuck for making it) and I don't think I understand what it is either except that everything done with it after it ended was a disaster.

Vriska was the OG Edelgard? The trolls have sex using buckets? Something about Toblerones? Yiffy?

Last edited:
I watched a 2 hour YouTube video about it (but not the 1 hour follow-up video about the legal threats the creator received from Homestuck for making it) and I don't think I understand what it is either except that everything done with it after it ended was a disaster.

Vriska was the OG Edelgard? The trolls have sex using buckets? Something about Toblerones? Yiffy?
The whole comic is just a big "you had to be there" sort of thing. It was this giant, ambitious, medium blending thing that eventually just sort of collapsed under its own weight (and some significant mismanagement, for good measure).

It did sort of indirectly help to spawn Undertale, though, so that's something. It even has an earlier version of Megalovania in its soundtrack.

The simplest explanation is that it's a webcomic that started out as a parody of 1980s text adventures where readers picked options to determine what happened next and it ballooned/spiraled/exploded into a story that's way too complex/surreal/nonsensical to summarize without it sounding like I'm having a stroke.

Having also only heard the name in passing and not knowing what it's about, I'm quite glad the only webcomics I still follow to this day are Questionable Content and Dumbing Of Age.

But god I do remember the cosplayers at FanExpo from a decade ago

I tried to read homestuck and got up to the troll. It startef bad and mutated into one of the most annoying thing I have ever read. Anyways, I should go back and finish it.

theyโ€™re coming back?!

Iโ€ฆ I canโ€™t do this againโ€ฆ

barGszC.jpg

Iโ€™m not getting caught up in another war

Read some of Homestuck in high school because a girl I liked was super into it. Ended up dropping it before reaching the trolls. Internet osmosis hasn't helped me figure out where the story went after Act 3, so I decided to spend the past half-hour to learn.

...So yeah, I should I have just went to bed instead. That was my bad. Not sure if I'll ever give it another shot into it, but there's definitely far, far more here than my sleepy 1am brain can absorb, and I can appreciate that.

Last edited:
I'll go against the flow here and admit it: I like the webcomic. I read the whole thing in 2018 after it was already over and without engaging with the fandom; and I think there's a lot to like about it. It captures the experience of being a too online gay gamer teen in the early 2010s pretty well I think.

I don't know if I like it enough to buy spinoff visual novels though.

Back
Top Bottom