• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals Octopath Traveler 2 (NSW) $29.99 [Amazon]

Octo 2 is worth the full price, but for 30 bucks, there's little reason to say no, so go and buy it.

I wish it was the digital version. I already have it physically, but I like buying games I love digitally as well when they go on sale

So uh, I liked the first game's demo enough but not enough to play the full game. Is 2 that much of an improvement and can I just go straight to it?

So uh, I liked the first game's demo enough but not enough to play the full game. Is 2 that much of an improvement and can I just go straight to it?
apparently people who disliked the first game really like this one. not that I put much value to that since I already loved the first

The second game makes a number of improvements in the margins, but it's a very similar style of game. There's no connection between the two in terms of story (some item names and background character easter eggs aside), so you can absolutely start with OT II.

OT2 is a huge improvement, it’s an iterative one across every aspect of OT1.

You can easily jump straight to OT2 if you only want to play one of them and OT’s intro didn’t grab you. For what it’s worth, OT2’s character intros tend to be a lot more gripping than it’s predecessor’s, as the characters handle their first chapter alone or with NPCs, so you get more time to get used to them and what’s driving them before they join the party. Their motivations are often more urgent too.

I wrote a thread comparing the two in detail last year, but for some reason Fami’s software doesn’t like me posting the link- maybe I’ve done so too often :D

I'm going to echo the peeps who are telling you to jump right into 2.

My feelings on this question remain unchanged: play the better and more recent game first when it's a stand-alone experience. If you really like it/absolutely love it you'll have no trouble going back to 1 whenever you feel like it, whereas if you find it just OK/dislike it/abhor it you'll rest assured you won't have wasted your money on the first game before it.

Back
Top Bottom