• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Now that Salmon Run is Active all the time, is Society doomed?

Will 24/7 Salmon Run ruin society?

• Definitely: we're all doomed

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No: Salmon Run is all we need to survive

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Nmanic

Bob-omb
Pronouns
He/Him
Nintendo wisely prohibited us from playing Salmon Run 24/7 in Splatoon 2. Now, obviously, this was a very controversial decision, but think about it: we all went to school, did our jobs, paid our taxes, and then when Salmon Run was available for brief periods, we would binge it until our eyes bled and our souls were empty.

Now that we can play Salmon Run all the time, is there any incentive to do anything else in life? Why should I go to work when I can throw golden eggs in a basket?

Tl;Dr I think Nintendo has opened Pandora's box here. Not to overreact, but giving us this option and not arbitrarily deciding for us when we should play is a surefire way to end society.

That's my opinion anyway

The reason why Amano and some other designers aren't credited on Splatoon 3... They couldn't accept that it would be available at all time... They knew it would ruin everything...

Back
Top Bottom