• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club NOW OR NEVER, WILL WE SEE A NEW 3D MARIO GAME IN THE UPCOMING DIRECT ???

Will they show us a new 3D Mario Game in the upcoming Direct ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheSpearGuy

transcended to the gods
It feels like now would be the best time to reveal a new 3D Mario due to :

• it has been over 5 years since Mario Odyssey
  • the Mario franchise will be most popular than ever due to the movie
  • the movie
  • the movie
  • and the movie

If shown now the game will for sure be releasing holiday 2023.
If not, then they will keep it for the next gen console... so see you in 2027 then !

giphy.gif

Definitely not, they are not going to launch 3D Zelda and 3D Mario in the same year again with another new console on the way in the near future. Switch 2 or whatever will launch with 3D Mario

Absolutely not. Gone are the days one piece of media needs to be supplemented with another. Mario is an icon and all Nintendo need to do is keep cashing in on those evergreen titles.

We're well past overdue seeing EPD Tokyo's next project (Bowser's Fury was primarily developed by NST, incredibly enough!), so unfortunately we probably will see them make a SMB Movie tie-in game for the current Switch model; instead of a proper new original 3D Mario game for Switch 2's launch.

I REALLY hope I'm wrong...

I could see them doing Odyssey 2 this year and then a brand new original 3D Mario one or two years into the next system. The guys at Tokyo used to be fast workers, so I don't think it's totally unfeasible now that coronavirus is (mostly) a thing of the past.

I would be more shocked to see just 3D Mario in this Direct than Prime HD, Prime 4, F-Zero, and Donkey Kong combined.

Maybe a 2D Mario might be on the cards, but they'll be holding back the next big 3D one for the next console, I'm afraid.

I want it, but it won't happen. I expect 2D Mario or a spinoff (maybe baseball or something?) before another 3D Mario.

...but hey, if Nintendo wanted to prove me wrong, I mean, I won't exactly be complaining.

We're well past overdue seeing EPD Tokyo's next project (Bowser's Fury was primarily developed by NST, incredibly enough!), so unfortunately we probably will see them make a SMB Movie tie-in game for the current Switch model; instead of a proper new original 3D Mario game for Switch 2's launch.

There's no way Nintendo will make a low effort movie tie in for a Mario platformer. If we're talking about a spin off or something sure, but a flagship 3D Mario? No way.

I don't think Nintendo needs a tie in for the movie. They could push Odyssey for those who haven't buy it, I mean it's still 60$/euros.
Personally I think they wan to save the next 3D Mario for Switch 2, especially now that Totk will release earlier.

Why would you think this? This is not in anyway realistic.

Why would you think this? This is not in anyway realistic.

Because EPD Tokyo haven't released a single new game since 2017... almost 6 years without a single peep from them.

By contrast, they made 4 retail games (3 of them HD games at that!) in the span of 2011-2017 (and even more titles when you count the smaller scale stuff like Photos with Mario and the 3DS Louvre Guide).

They just... fell off the face of the Earth completely after releasing SMO.

Not hard to imagine that they're holding something back in reserve that's already finished and ready to go...

next 3D Mario is Switch 2. Tonight we'll see a new 2.5 Mario. I'm manifesting it. d--^_^--b

I'm gonna say yes, will be a last minute added thing nobody would know like TotK E3 2019, gonna be a teaser for a 3D Mario releasing 2024 that will be cross gen.

i want a new 3D Mario insanely bad right now, but I don’t think it’s going to happen here. They have to save something major for the launch of the next system, and I think 3D Mario is what they have in mind.

If we see any mainline Mario I think a 2D game is more likely. That’s easier to sell to casual crowds interested because of the movie anyways.

3D World + Bowser's Fury is sating people's appetite for 3D Mario. We won't see one until Switch 2 most likely.

I personally think they have to release a Mario game in some fashion to coincide with the movIe. If not that’s a massive failure in my opinion. Leaving a lot of money on the table.

During the direct with both a switch and switch 2 logo. No highlighting of the logo. It's just there, like they made a mistake and left it in.

Back
Top Bottom