• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Notorious Nicolas Cage movie "Willy's Wonderland" receiving game adaption, seemingly without his involvement.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

Thanks QUByte?

To recap for those of you who don't keep track of the many absurd roles Cage has taken over the years, this was the movie where he plays a mute Janitor that goes on an a evil Animatronic killing spree, there's also a scene where he busts some sick moves while playing Pinball.
nic-cage-nicolas-cage.gif

Somehow despite his notoriety for being so silly, Cage actually has not appeared in any Video Game over the past several years. Not during the mid 90's FMV boom, not in the countless game adaptions of films he appeared in, and not even a random indie dev splurging to get some celebrity talent involved with their project.

So surely this adaption could have fixed this, no? It's a low budget indie film that was even produced by the man himself, all they have to do is put his likeness in the ga...
UbwPe4a.png

That is not Nicolas Cage!

In case the distinct lack of Cage doesn't discourage you from trying it, you should also know that the game is being developed by Mito Games. Who previously created this.

An okay looking beat-em-up, so maybe the gameplay pedigree is at least there.
But not even asking to get the actual lead actor involved in some form is still a rather baffling decision.

Out of the 80 2021 film releases I've seen this year, this was by far the worst. I don't mind a bad Nic Cage film, or a bad film in general, but this was something else. And not in a good way, lol. Can't imagine the game will be any better, but who knows? 🤷🏼‍♂️

That film was good, dumb fun and the Willy's theme is a banger. This game doesn't look interesting at all.

While I've not seen this one, it's crazy just how many shit films he's been in. I saw one the other day that he was hardly even in but it was where parents were killing their kids so what do the kids do? Go to their homes.... dumbasses, all they needed to do was go to each others home, get fed by your mates parents instead.

Back
Top Bottom