• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Will Prohibit Users from Sharing Info About the Nintendo Switch Sports Online Playtest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this standard practice for closed betas ? I'm pretty sure Elden Ring had a similar requirement when they did their own.

It's very weird that this is a closed beta in the first place. The game is a pretty known quantity, and historically Nintendo has done open betas for this sort of thing.

While this is definitely standard practice for closed betas, I gotta say, I'm not sure why this one was a closed one while the others were open ones? Do they just have more to show that they haven't yet? I mean, it's Switch Sports, not something like BotW 2

this is confirmed btw

a full list of the Wii Sports residents' names was found in datamining

That's interesting, can you link me the source? I only saw OatmealDome's tweets on it the game and he didn't have anything about the Miis from Wii Sports.

Sometimes I feel that even though they are an incredible technology company, Nintendo doesn't know how the internet works.
Most of the time I don’t think the internet understands much of anything when it comes to corporations, laws, rules, & regulations.

Edit: also much like everything on the internet people will jump the gun & make mountain out of mole hills.

Sounds pretty standard, yeah.

If anything though this topic made me realize I had to get a code from myNintendo to try this out, so thanks for that reminder lol.

Glad to know the champion is alive and well!
based on what they've done to the others, he'll be a shadow of his former self

tzWJnVb.jpg

The tweet got some traction it seems and now even more widely known people are amplifying it.
It seems any "Elden Ring did the same" type comment gets like 20 likes, while "Nintendo doesn't know how the internet works"-like "funny" comments go into the hundreds.

Also that whole "People will defend anything Nintendo does" and "I'm smarter than you" doubling down. Cringe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom