• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Software Technology (developer of Mario vs. Donkey Kong series and F-Zero 99) has a brand new logo

mazi

picross pundit
thanks to @Skipper93653 for posting this in the first party ST

Nintendo Software Technology has a brand new logo, it is now similar to the Nintendo Pictures logo

old logo:

GF3xLhn.jpeg

new logo:

yy1IMxC.png

That's still ugly. No effort was put into that logo. I'd almost say it's even more clunky visually with a round logo next to a giant white box with more text

At first glance I thought this was one of those "Nintendo (they develop Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda)" thread titles lol

Seems like this is going to be Nintendo`s new logo scheme for a lot of their subsidiares/companies/etc going forward, huh? I kinda like it. Does look a bit funky but i don't now why exactly

That's still ugly. No effort was put into that logo. I'd almost say it's even more clunky visually with a round logo next to a giant white box with more text
Yep. I'd drop the white box and change the text from red to white.

this would have been better

Xm8CSbw.png
That wouldn’t be consistent with Nintendo Pictures and Nintendo Systems, though, which I think is the point of this logo update.

On the back of all this studio fuckery from Microsoft comes a stealth-redemption arc for NST, helped by Nintendo actually knowing what they're doing in building studios. I hope they get a bigger budget and more projects. They've really earned it.

this would have been better

Xm8CSbw.png
Ngl the problem was in the fundamental design. They made a short long Nintendo logo next to a giant, tall box. The logo isn't cohesive as it has two elements that are at visual odds with each other. Even the older logo at least made the text the same height as the Nintendo logo to producer a lean design

It's very much in line with the Nintendo Pictures logo. I imagine it's a simple rebranding rather than any deeper connection between these two specific entities.
images

It's very much in line with the Nintendo Pictures logo. I imagine it's a simple rebranding rather than any deeper connection between these two specific entities.
images
hooooo boy that's ugly

that font does NOT like being in all caps

especially that painful little C

It's kind of fascinating to see the journey of NST, being a pretty significant dev for Nintendo in the 90s and early 2000s, then with such a dramatic disaster in Project Hammer, and now being built back up to a studio that actually releases games on their own again.

I wonder how big the studio is currently.

images
The upper case O on "Nintendo" is throwing me off here. I think it's because it's not symmetrical with "pictures" at the bottom.

This seems like a bog standard "get your materials in line with brand standards" revision. That's almost certainly why you get the repeated "Nintendo" in the logo. It's not "Systems Technology" owned by Nintendo, it's "Nintendo Systems Technology" owned by Nintendo, and dammit, no one is ever gonna see the logo anywhere but at the heads of power point presentations, where consistency in labelling matters more than elegance.

Thank God you don't make money by designing logos, Nintendo.

Seriously, though, it's an internal studio, so the logo can be whatever. I can't wait to see what they'll do next.

It’s because of the economy. Other companies shut studios down, Nintendo gives them ugly logos.

Back
Top Bottom