• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Nintendo has officially declared which Switch games are Anime

HockeyBird

Villager
Pronouns
He/Him
On the Nintendo Switch news, Nintendo put up a new feature called "Anime-style games". In it, you'll find a list of games Nintendo has officially determined to be anime. If you have played any other games, you have been infected by the anime. The games are

-Tactics Ogre: Reborn
-Nier: Automata The End of Yorha Edition
-Persona 5 Royal
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3
-Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
-The DioField Chronicles
-Live A Live
-Monster Hunter Rise
-Astral Chain
-Fire Emblem Engage
-Neo: The World Ends with You
-Triangle Strategy
-Ni No Kuni II
-Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
-Demon Slayer - The Hinokami Chronicles
-One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
-13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
-AI: The Somnium Files - nirvana Initiative
-The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero
-Record of Lodoss War - Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth
-No More Heroes 3
-Shin Megami Tensei V
-The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

I know this is a shock to many of you, especially those who have played Persona 5 and No More Heroes 3. Please have you doctors check on you. On a positive note, there are some titles not on the list so we can assume that they are safe. Zelda? Not anime. Splatoon? Not anime. Bayonetta? Not anime. Pokemon? Definitely not anime. For now. What is concerning is that Joker from Persona 5 did appear in Smash Bros Ultimate, calling in question whether that game is now anime and if it is anime, then all other associated series may have been infected.

Last edited:
You had a Xenoblade 3 avatar when you first posted in here. Now it's Pokemon. I guess once you learned the truth about Xenoblade 3 you just couldn't live with the shame anymore.
It's true, I've been caught. I had to retreat to a safe non-anime franchise like Pokemon, a franchise with absolutely no anime in it whatsoever

No one must know the truth

For real though, I added Record of Lodoss War to my wishlist when I first saw the list. Every time I see the game online I think it looks cool and then proceed to immediately forget that it exists. So at least I have it on my wishlist now!

For real though, I added Record of Lodoss War to my wishlist when I first saw the list. Every time I see the game online I think it looks cool and then proceed to immediately forget that it exists. So at least I have it on my wishlist now!
It’s a good game! Feels good to play, has a good map, and great bosses.

Nintendo has officially declared which Switch games are Anime
every-single-one-ashleigh-ruggles-stanley.gif

I bought 5 of the games on that list and intend to buy another one.

Does this mean... I'm a weeb?...it can't be...

Do the weeb test: if you're interested or have played 30% of the listed games, you are officially a weeb and Nintendo will mark your account as a weeb account and everyone will see it. You will also get offers for Mario bodypillows sent to your email account.
Shit. I’m at 50%. Does that mean I have to run to work with my arms out behind me or something

Do the weeb test: if you're interested or have played 30% of the listed games, you are officially a weeb and Nintendo will mark your account as a weeb account and everyone will see it. You will also get offers for Mario bodypillows sent to your email account.
Shit I stopped counting after 16 😰

Other consoles merely adopted the weeb. The Switch was born in it, molded by it.

Jokes on you, I'm into that shit

Phew, I’ve only played 26% so I’m still safe.

Good thing Dragon Ball FighterZ isn’t anime or I would have been in trouble.

proud to announce that I haven't played any of the designated anime games

I do have a copy of tgaa waiting for me though

Great Ace Attorney is what you call a gateway anime-style game. You think "Well, it's a game about being a lawyer in ye olden days. It can't be that anime" and then soon enough you're handing out gifts to your party members to boost their affinities with you in a 100-hour long RPG. You be careful with that Ace Attorney copy.

Great Ace Attorney is what you call a gateway anime-style game. You think "Well, it's a game about being a lawyer in ye olden days. It can't be that anime" and then soon enough you're handing out gifts to your party members to boost their affinities with you in a 100-hour long RPG. You be careful with that Ace Attorney copy.
oh no, really? that sounds really boring

Back
Top Bottom