• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Nintendo Directs are discontinued, BUT…

How would you feel about this?

• Sure, I’ll take it!

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Glad we’re living in the reality we have today!

Votes: 48 90.6%

• Total voters

DreamyMystX64

Cappy
Contributor
Nintendo Week (y’know, that one show back from the Wii era) comes back and serves as the basis for whatever new gaming content we hear about every week (however, content is limited more than we hear about in Direct Minis).

Weekly would be agonizing. Never knowong which week would actually have something exciting and which would have garbage.

you know what, if it means the return of dark gary, then so be it.

GD52u6xWsAAp-rd.jpg

ALL HAIL DARK GARY.

in all honestly, it would be interesting if they could do something like that again, though it might be more bi weekly, or maybe monthly at that point. The question is, do they have enough info to give out to do that consistently

What the hell is Nintendo Week?
Sort of a precursor to Nintendo Minute from the Wii era that was released on the Nintendo Channel. It was much more skit based.

There was definitely a certain charm to it, and the Nintendo Channel overall was really nice for the time (even acted as a way to distribute demos for DS games), but the bulk of what it did has been folded into the eShop and news apps on later platforms, as well as just Nintendo's YouTube channel.

I'd rather just get news when Nintendo was ready to share it. I don't need to get a forced show every week.

I'll take no Directs AND no "Nintendo Week". Only shadowdrops from now on

Give me yearly Metroid releases, then feel free to cancel Directs & Nintendo Week.

No need for Nintendo news when Metroid is like clockwork ;)

Back in the Wii days, they even produced localized versions in different languages. If I remember correctly one of the German hosts name was Ariane. But Nintendo didn't use these channels to announce thinks, so it really wouldn't be an adequate substitute for a Direct. Plus I like that the markets aren't as fragmented anymore to warrant different promotion videos for different markets (with Japan being the only exception).

Oh man, I miss Nintendo Week. If I remember it was starting to kinda get good and weird before they stopped doing them. They should bring it back with the same hosts.

I remember loving Nintendo Week back in the day. I remember looking up the hosts to see if they were in anything else and Alison was in a lot of d movies where one of them had her topless and swearing alot. I couldn't stop thinking about that afterwards.

Also the quality went down once they moved to the new set, had a good feeling it was ending soon after which it did.

Directs are over but they return to sending you a VHS tape that highlights an upcoming game or two about once or twice a year like they did back in the '90s.

Given how much Direct speculation drives traffic to this website, I’ll take the Directs.

No. I need my gaming news concentrated and distilled into its purest form, so that I may get a high from it

Back
Top Bottom