• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
satoru-shibata.png
Remember when Shibata used to be in Directs for us Europeans?
He was always so awkward, bless his lil cotton socks.

Part of me wish if there is no Direct this month. That will make Furukawa have a worse track record than Z*ppp lol

It will be more funnier if Furukawa said the plans changed

Pyoro: “ there isn’t any Direct this month”

Fans: “ but Furukawa said it will be “

Pyoro: “ who the fuck is that?”

And then the february 2021 direct came out and was mid as fuck.
I would never say the February 2021 direct was bad… you just had to be in a specific audience for that one. I remember some of my friends being hyped as hell about the Pyra/Mythra reveal

What was an announcement from a previous Direct that left you physically giddy? Like "bouncing in your seat and making weird noises" excited.
Pyra/Mythra in Smash - Feb 2021 direct
Xenoblade 3 - Feb 2022 direct
Future Redeemed Tease - Feb 2023 direct

I like Xenoblade I think

Part of me has been wondering if NWC got the July spot to itself because another summer release was pushed back closer to Christmas. If there was a hardware delay, it would make sense to shunt things around a bit.

Nintendo have been happy to do budget titles in the summer before, though in June rather than July (2021/2023 come to mind).

It's the end of the console's life, and the new generation was supposed to start in 3-6 months before being delayed. They're clearly going to be holding A LOT back for that.
Welp, it's either overhype or underhype, having moderate expectations was never an option:)

Nintendo World Championships in July and seemingly no Pokemon game in the Fall does not give me very high expectations for their second half lineup.

But it could end up being good, we'll see.

Nintendo intends to sell 165M software this FY and they always lowball software forecast.

There needs to be something that's going to sell numbers if they intend to reach that target - which is why I am still positive that there's going to be some good stuf coming.

It's the end of the console's life, and the new generation was supposed to start in 3-6 months before being delayed. They're clearly going to be holding A LOT back for that.

I mostly expect ports, remasters and remakes but I'm happy with that as it's how Nintendo keeps the Switch well fed while focusing on Switch 2, and Fire Emblem 4 Remake would be a new game for most people (myself included) as it never released outside Japan

I think it was fine, I was very happy about the Pyra / Mythra in Smash announcement as well as Legend of Mana coming to Switch :)
Not the best Direct ever for sure but it did the job as far as I'm concerned

Last edited:
Nintendo intends to sell 165M software this FY and they always lowball software forecast.

There needs to be something that's going to sell numbers if they intend to reach that target - which is why I am still positive that there's going to be some good stuf coming.
Super Mario Party sold more than 20 million, but the source for the new game this year is midori so we cant be sure

Nintendo World Championships in July and seemingly no Pokemon game in the Fall does not give me very high expectations for their second half lineup.

Nobody said there won't be a Pokémon game this fall. Could be smaller spinoff title but it'd still be Pokémon. I think we're in due for another Mystery Dungeon title, the one with full 1000 something pokémon. The one you play hours and hours and hours and it never ends.

It's too early to say there won't be a Pokémon game yet, wouldn't be surprised to see a Pokémon Let's Go 2 or Pokémon Gen 5 remake or a spin-off out of nowhere for example. Probably not but it's possible at this stage, nothing forces them to reveal such a game in the first half of the year after all

What was an announcement from a previous Direct that left you physically giddy? Like "bouncing in your seat and making weird noises" excited.
The three houses time skip trailer was one of the hypest thing I saw. Probably the last time I was super hyped for a direct trailer.
The e3 2019 direct was incredibly good.

Outside of Brazil, I don’t think any trusted insider (such as Nate) said something about the date. Or maybe I missed something.
Nate did his usual yt poll that has the Direct date as a statement and the others as opinions

I’ve this Direct will be in a new format, it starts with Koizumi introducing us to the Direct but it soon changes into the style of Aha’s Take on Me video.
The Direct is then Koizumi running around being chased by images of Internet leakers whilst he is trying to open doors showing new trailers.

They also, as part of their briefing (specifically the Q & A) noted the software / hardware targets were ambitious and that "we will need to implement various initiatives to sell the forecasted number of Nintendo Switch" and then Furukawa talks about bundling etc.

This previous year bundled software only accounted for 2.85 million units - I would expect a very substantial uptick on that number to probably upwards of 10% of the overall software target.

This holiday is going to bundle central but they do also need some big titles in addition. At least one big tentpole release is coming this holiday

-June 2023: My friends still talk about how loud I was when they announced Mario RPG. They said I could be heard through the sound proof door in the basement I was so loud
February 2022: I was jumping for joy when we finally got more Mario Kart with the booster course pass. This one is admittedly not as hype as the others, but it felt better after all the time with no new Mario kart, it was just a dream come true for it to finally be back
June 2021: Dread had me so hyped I though I was dreaming
-June 2019: Banjo coming back to Nintendo consoles was the coolest thing ever

Edit: OH YEAH I FORGOT, when Pikmin 4 got announced, me and a friend were joking before the presentation that Pikmin 4 would be here and I would die of hype, so that had me reeling

Metroid Prime 4 is a different case for three reasons:

• it was announced 7 years ago.
  • it was rebooted 5 years ago.
  • it was developed by an internal Nintendo studio

Nintendo won't take any more risks.

Zelda is an exception.
That's where I'm at too, don't get me wrong!! I believe they'll show it and have a date set in stone for it, and at worst I can see an Animal Crossing New Horizons situation where it's announced for March(or it waits till September and is announced for May like TotK).

Yeah, now that I think about it, if they aren't certain when in 2025 they'll release it(or worse, if they aim for holiday 2025) then I don't see them just having a 2025 in the end to inspire as much confidence as the 2022 after the Zelda teaser lol.

But I'm still feeling it for October/November. Just feels like the right time to release it, I think it deserves the holiday spot and to be the spotlight for marketing for ~4-6 months instead of potentially being overshadowed by 3D Mario, Mario Kart, GTA VI and who knows what else.
People are overhyping this Direct so much, it's crazy.
I'm pretty sure the 6h treehouse part is just a joke. But how wouldn't we, considering there's nothing announced for H2 and we are 9 months without a Direct?
I'd point out that June 2023 was an absolute banger of a Direct so people probably have expectations high because of that as well.
I'm pretty sure part of the reason they delayed it for 2025 is so that it has a constant flow of system selling exclusive software instead of relying mostly on cross gen stuff for its launch window.

Of course some of the combo of DK, MP4, 2D Zelda and Mario Party will be held back for cross gen, but not all of them. Nintendo still expects 165M software sales this FY and they won't just enter red for 6 months for no reason.

I mean they can have a 2D Metroid coming by late 2025 for Switch 2, or a 2D Zelda or new remake for Switch 2, they'll have 3D Mario and Kart for Switch 2, is it really that bad if they release either of MP4, Zelda remaster/2D, DK or Mario Party this year?
It had an amazing and fully unexpected Splatoon 3 reveal trailer, so I kinda forgot everything else that was on it. Pyra/Mythra were my mains on Smash so I liked that too.
But H1 2021 was the definition of mid, if it wasn't for Monster Hunter Rise as an exclusive it'd have completely relied on 3D World. E3 2021 was a banger tho, so maybe we getting a Partner in February as an equivalent to mid Feb 2021 Direct means we'll have a banger for June!!
Super Mario Party sold more than 20 million, but the source for the new game this year is midori so we cant be sure
Even before (not)Midori posted about that codename, Mario Party felt like an obvious prediction for this year. Mario Party has been super consistent in delivering every 3 years, so it feels right to have one this holiday. Sure, it can be another game by ND Cube as well and they take an extra time to make the Switch 2 game. I just don't expect them to save it for 2025 specifically because that holiday season is probably covered with Mario Kart already, so MP for Switch 2 is probably 2026, in which case I think they can release another Switch entry this year.

Outside of Brazil, I don’t think any trusted insider (such as Nate) said something about the date. Or maybe I missed something.
Nate did a poll. When you’re around here for some time, you know what it means. It doesn’t even matter what the hidden clues in there are.

Alright yall, today I had to get a work shift changed to either Tuesday or Wednesday and I obviously picked Wednesday so I don't miss the direct. So it better be on Tuesday or else I'm going to be throwing down with yall.

Really confused by the people who are both predicting.

1. Prime 4 will be cross-gen day 1
2. Prime 4 will get gameplay footage at this Direct.

Saw Kit predicting this and like... What?

No one reveals games by showing off the graphically worse version unless they have to and Nintendo does not have to.

ok at this point im fully convinced pyoro has been busted. its a big shame he was our only reliable leaker... 😔

Nintendo blocking Pyoro from accessing the eShop backend is fine as leaks 5-14 days in advance is worthless.

Jason Schreier and Rebekah Valentine are the only two prolific insiders that actually have consistently good information about things you wouldn't know about a few days later.

People here won't like this but my honest opinion is: I think we'd be better off without leakers, I avoid them at all costs because there's nothing better than being surprised about what's in a Nintendo Direct

Let's hope all "leakers" just retire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom