• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
im placing my bets on it being like how the last two fe reveals went, dramatic monologue (probably the one from the start screen) over a map of jugdral. boring answer ik lmao
That's how I imagine it going. People who are blind to FE4 would be like, "Ok....go on..." while those who have played FE4 will be like, "Wait....No......there's no way....." before exploding.

I wonder what meta announcements there will be.

Casting for the Zelda Movie seems at least semi-likely, as does a follow up to the Nintendo Museum last direct.

Maybe a switch price drop announcement? If they're intending to sell 15 million consoles this year despite successor announcement, a price drop seems at least somewhat likely.

Casting for the Zelda Movie seems at least semi-likely, as does a follow up to the Nintendo Museum last direct.
Probably way too early, they're probably still workshopping the script and scope of the movie..

I think a Harry Potter approach by casting a young link/zelda and have them grow up over multiple movies is the way to go.

What was an announcement from a previous Direct that left you physically giddy? Like "bouncing in your seat and making weird noises" excited.
I’m sure there are a good amount I can’t remember, but a few off the top of my head:

Mega Man in Smash. When the stage start theme played, I was covered in goosebumps!

Metroid Dread was really cool, especially mid-trailer when it was revealed that the game was “Dread.”
And TotK following Dread was a perfect 1-2 punch in the hype-maker.

Splatoon 3 was a game that we kinda had an inkling might be coming (due to a New Years card from a previous year?) but for some reason most of Nintendo community kept calling it a Splatoon spinoff before it was revealed. I have no idea if it was intentional, but the trailer waited until about halfway through before it revealed it wasn’t just a game in the Splatoon universe, it was Splatoon 3. That was a fun one for me.

It probably didn’t have me jumping out of my seat, but the 30 second Pikmin 4 teaser in 2022 was pretty cool.

The Super Mario RPG Switch reveal trailer was exciting as well. Those first few notes kick in, the camera pans down to SNES Peach, and then it transitions to show what the remake looks like. Follow that up with some iconic scenes and music. Chef’s kiss.

Super Mario Wonder was a fantastic reveal just to see the post-‘New’ evolution of the 2D series. It really felt like a “brand new Mario.” The animations, the weird Nintendo-ness of it all. It was great! Plus showing not only Peach, but also Daisy, as a playable character was a perfect mid-trailer surprise.

Last edited:
Does anyone think we'll see an F-Zero: GX re-release here? I'm not necessarily hoping for it myself, but it seems like talk of it died out after F-Zero 99 was released.

So who'd be the pick for designated human actor who gets to have the time of their life, a la Tim Curry?
Andross, played by Andy Serkis.

I wouldn't even do prosthetics or anything, just let him be human, he's got the right vibe:
Andy-Serkis-Andor-Nov-2022.jpg
andross__star_fox_64_3d__by_austinzimmermann_dhh8mh9-375w-2x.png

Alright I’ve cleared my schedule for Tuesday morning.

Oh wait, it was already clear…

Well, it’s extra clear.
img_7526.jpg

What was an announcement from a previous Direct that left you physically giddy? Like "bouncing in your seat and making weird noises" excited.
Dread. If you've heard Arlo's reaction to it, picture that a bit lower-pitched and you pretty much have my reaction.

Aside from that, the moment the MonolithSoft logo appeared in this trailer. And pretty much every shot in the trailer after that. I literally remember where and how I was sitting when that came up, it shot me so damn high into the stratosphere. And it'll happen again if a Switch version is announced because just hunting that trailer down and watching it again made me crave a third playthrough. Such a goddamn great game.

Last edited:
Alright FE fans, HOW is the FE4 trailer going to start? My money's on Deirdre in the forest, calmly going about her day until a dramatic shot when her gaze suddenly meets Sigurd. The two stare at each other as wind blows and then the music/proper trailer kicks in.
The last three mainline FE games all had their reveal trailers start the same way. A narrator over a world map explaining the basis of the conflict and the history, so that’s what I expect here. Maybe a few seconds with the Jugdral Chronology song playing “Long ago, an age of darkness took hold of Jugdral. Twelve warriors, in a desperate plea, received divine gifts and powers, driving away the Loptous Empire, and restoring peace. Yet… even now, there are those who conspire to revive the Fell rule of the Dark Dragon.” THEN the main Fire Emblem theme I sent plays as it fades into CG clips of Sigurd and brief gameplay.

This announcement made many people cry. One of the greatest announcements. I like announcements where people show emotions, they show tears, they show happiness. Nothing beats this for me

Metroid Dread was probably the biggest one for me. Went from a smug "yeah, I knew there was going to be a new 2D Metroid, I saw the leaks" to "HOLY SHIT, IT'S DREAD AND SHE'S DOING COUNTERS AND ISTHATAMOTHERFLIPPINGCHOZOOHMYGAWD-- OCTOBER!?!?!?!?" within milliseconds.

im placing my bets on it being like how the last two fe reveals went, dramatic monologue (probably the one from the start screen) over a map of jugdral. boring answer ik lmao
That's how I imagine it going. People who are blind to FE4 would be like, "Ok....go on..." while those who have played FE4 will be like, "Wait....No......there's no way....." before exploding.
The last three mainline FE games all had their reveal trailers start the same way. A narrator over a world map explaining the basis of the conflict and the history, so that’s what I expect here. Maybe a few seconds with the Jugdral Chronology song playing “Long ago, an age of darkness took hold of Jugdral. Twelve warriors, in a desperate plea, received divine gifts and powers, driving away the Loptous Empire, and restoring peace. Yet… even now, there are those who conspire to revive the Fell rule of the Dark Dragon.” THEN the main Fire Emblem theme I sent plays as it fades into CG clips of Sigurd and brief gameplay.
I think they could almost do something similar to 3H's opening scene with the War of Heroes, except it's the Miracle of Darna or the first sealing of Loptous. Still with the contextual narration of the history of Jugdral ofc since it's a staple.
As for how it leads to Gen 1... someone with better storyboarding could probably do it better than I could. (I've already expressed a desire for the stinger to be a certain cookout, but I'm kinda in two minds about whether a trace of Gen 2 is even mentioned, or saved for a setup similar to 3H's final prerelease trailer revealing timeskip.)

I think they could almost do something similar to 3H's opening scene with the War of Heroes, except it's the Miracle of Darna or the first sealing of Loptous. Still with the contextual narration of the history of Jugdral ofc since it's a staple.
As for how it leads to Gen 1... someone with better storyboarding could probably do it better than I could. (I've already expressed a desire for the stinger to be a certain cookout, but I'm kinda in two minds about whether a trace of Gen 2 is even mentioned, or saved for a setup similar to 3H's final prerelease trailer revealing timeskip.)

Theme for the next three days

The only dk game you'll get is dk bongo blast deluxe, and you'll like it
I see that reviews for this game are not great, but...I've never played it and I would love for Nintendo to release a new racer, so I would actually be happy with this if the game were improved enough that it was received well. A new Excite Truck, Kirby Air Ride, F-Zero, DK racing game, or something brand new—I'll take any of them!
Apparently, it's Tuesday at 10 am (EDT) (UTC-4).
If it has to be Tuesday morning, this would be my ideal time to watch it live, so I hope this is correct!

Guess the renamed subtitle for Genealogy of the Holy War
Fire Emblem: Seisen no Waifu

In all seriousness, I can imagine it being something like "Fire Emblem Echoes: Jugdral's Holy War"

Or it could be "Ribald Tales of the Faith War", or as Nintendo Power put it in 1996, "Descent of Jihad"

Guess the renamed subtitle for Genealogy of the Holy War
I feel very confident about my lifelong fire emblem hyperfixation to say it’s going to be something along the lines of Scions of Light or Inheritors of Light. Whatever it is, it won’t be subtitled Echoes, and it’ll be different from the exact same name as the original.

Last edited:
I honestly think it's going to be pretty simple, like Fire Emblem Echoes: The Holy War or something like that
I could be wrong, but I feel like they'll drop the "Echoes" moniker.

It hasn't been used in 7 years. And since it was only used once, it's not a consistent naming convention for the franchise. There isn't really a strong association with it. If anything, it'll just make people think it's connected to Shadows of Valentia.

I could be wrong, but I feel like they'll drop the "Echoes" moniker.

It hasn't been used in 7 years. And since it was only used once, it's not a consistent naming convention for the franchise. There isn't really a strong association with it. If anything, it'll just make people think it's connected to Shadows of Valentia.
Also to add to this, I can't see NOA approving the name "Holy War".

There's a subsect of Americans that will get up in arms about that title.

I honestly think it's going to be pretty simple, like Fire Emblem Echoes: The Holy War or something like that
ngl, if I had to bet money on which half of the title Nintendo would be more likely to drop from "Genealogy of the Holy War", I wouldn't bank on the "Holy War" part being what sticks around

Because I’d rather it be in 4K with a better frame rate on the next system (also I already have the original, so I’d want it to look better to double dip)
I do want it but since we've already gotten two new XBC games on Switch pushing the engine to its limits, i would rather see it on Switch 2 to see it pushed even further
I want it on Switch 2 also in 4K. I want at minimum a remaster with new story content. Monolith deserves to push this on strong hardware

How can you not want this game on Switch?

I'd love the game on Switch. However, since Wii U and Switch aren't HUGELY different in terms of power, the upgrades probably wouldn't be significant beyond perhaps resolution and some tweaks. It wouldn't be the same glow-up that Xenoblade Chronicles got with Definitive Edition. With Switch 2 so close, if the game can come as early as a year later and show much more impressive visual gains with no compromises, that'd be great. But yes, I will buy and play this port wherever, whenever it releases.

It's been referred to as "Genealogy of the Holy War" as far back as Awakening, and Heroes and Engage keep that title.

I doubt they'll deviate from that too much.

As an Australian I can't physically get very loud because we have to watch Directs at weird hours. I've kinda just learned to scream without making noise

But the Paper Mario remake sent me so high that I still haven't come back to Earth

I'd love the game on Switch. However, since Wii U and Switch aren't HUGELY different in terms of power, the upgrades probably wouldn't be significant beyond perhaps resolution and some tweaks. It wouldn't be the same glow-up that Xenoblade Chronicles got with Definitive Edition. With Switch 2 so close, if the game can come as early as a year later and show much more impressive visual gains with no compromises, that'd be great. But yes, I will buy and play this port wherever, whenever it releases.

This is exactly how I feel about TWW and TP. I’d absolutely buy and play them on Switch, but the more noticeable improvements would be on Switch 2. I’d rather wait this late into the lifecycle.

eh, its not worth getting up in arms about. They might just outright keep the title "Genealogy of the Holy War" with maybe something extra added.

Guys... FE4 is literally called "Genealogy of the Holy War" in Heroes, and it hasn't been changed in the seven years since the game launched. Sigurd was also called the "Emblem of the Holy War" in Engage. The supposed "issues" Nintendo would have with the name are entirely made up and have zero proof. I'm like 95% sure the remake is gonna have the same name as the original. I mean, we literally just got a TTYD remake that kept the name of the original intact. No "HD" or "Remastered" or "remake" added to the title, even.

Guys... FE4 is literally called "Genealogy of the Holy War" in Heroes, and it hasn't been changed in the seven years since the game launched. Sigurd was also called the "Emblem of the Holy War" in Engage. The supposed "issues" Nintendo would have with the name are entirely made up and have zero proof. I'm like 95% sure the remake is gonna have the same name as the original. I mean, we literally just got a TTYD remake that kept the name of the original intact. No "HD" or "Remastered" or "remake" added to the title, even.
It could be called Echoes of the Holy War.

There's a difference between references within the game and having boxes on shelves around the world that have the words "Holy War" printed on them.

I'm not saying I think Nintendo would change it, but there is a difference. There's also a difference between "Thousand Year Door" and "Holy War."

Fairly confident they're going to keep "Genealogy of the Holy War" in the title. The real question is if they keep the Echoes brand or just drop that entirely.

Eh lets be real, the only thing valid question is if the FE4 remake will be rated T like the series has been for years or break precedent and be rated M instead :>

It’s gonna be called Fire Emblem: There will be Blue Hair. Daniel Day Lewis is Arvis

Or the boring name: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Jugdral.

You know with all the retro styled stuff they’ve been doing wouldn’t be shocked if NST pitched a Snes style Star Fox revival game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom