• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still remember Laura Kate Dale's Switch launch/launch window lineup.

NzgaWIgCV08wMU4mKaLRAXngFa1qTZ2YZg-Bo9e8SR8.jpg

Ouch.
no wonder she quite the leaker game soon after

Pyoro being silent is just an extremely clever way to hint at Metroid Prime 4.

He’s giving us the exact same amount of information that Nintendo has given us so far.
Pyoro being quiet means we are getting "A Quiet Place: Mushroom Kingdom"

The directs normally have good pacing, though the last 10 minutes or so is usually hype. But im hoping its not like the September 2022 farming/rpg direct LOL. They have more to announce for the whole last half of 2024

But if I see DK on screen I will be happy :ROFLMAO:

He’s giving us the exact same amount of information that Nintendo has given us so far.
if he dosent say anything until the direct announcement , i am gonna start be worried about the bird

He's probably in doug bowser basement, being held captive, with a copy of Mario Striker.

images

He’s about to say something in Chozo just before his source gets killed by Raven Beak

False, may you stop spreading misinformation - there is a 150m userbase you think Nintendo will give up on it in a blink ?
Nintendo would shoot themselves on the foot, if they simply drop the suport on Switch the moment, ir next console launch, 2/3 more years of suport on Switch, keep the Switch ecosystem healthy, while Nintendo migrate the 130+milion userbase to the next hardware

I wonder how can such blatantly wrong information even surface
Eh, I can believe that getting everything done on time was difficult as hell, and that there may have been some concerns internally about if they could successfully pull it off, but releasing it after March absolutely was not an option.

I think I did believe the follow-up rumor from a week before the January presentation that the game would hit launch, but European languages would be patched in later, though.

The directs normally have good pacing, though the last 10 minutes or so is usually hype. But im hoping its not like the September 2022 farming/rpg direct LOL. They have more to announce for the whole last half of 2024

But if I see DK on screen I will be happy :ROFLMAO:
this is probably the last direct before switch 2 really start impacting on annoucements

so either we get a golden key finish , or a minimal direct implying the switch 2 marketing is starting to be preapared

also to already kill some info before someone gets on , nintendo is gonna be in gamescon latam , but its gonna have in maximun exclusive annoucements for brazil and other infos of things show at direct

Nothing from Pyoro yet?
I dont emwant to spoil me anything, apart they being active or not
The reason behind the Switch 2 delay was that Nintendo wanted to give their ninjas time to find Pyoro and his source. They have now been taken care of so the Switch 2 is now ready to go /s.

I like the original FE4 title and I doubt any kind of perceived insensitivity is going to play a role in changing it just because it mentions Holy War.

That said, I don't doubt at all that it could be changed by either IS or the localization. There could be plenty of reasons: marketing strategies can differ between NOA and Japan, many FE games have their subtitles changed anyway or maybe even just because it's a remake.
NOA will problaby tone down the game, because it feature some very disturbing content.

NOA will problaby tone down the game, because it feature some very disturbing content.
A title change, I expect. This? Definitely not. Three Houses goes toe to toe with Genealogy in terms of its sensitive topics and sometimes goes even darker yet, here we are with it acclaimed, uncensored, and the best selling FE game.

I might’ve agreed with you pre-Three Houses but that release definitely shows the content wouldn’t be scrubbed

I haven't played the game and don't want spoilers in this thread, but I'd assume Nintendo would be comfortable up to a T rating and would make any changes necessary to avoid an M rating in the US. Otherwise, I don't think they'd change much as long as it has aged well.

I can’t wait for the stories after Prime 4 releases.

Director: Then Mr. Miyamoto comes into our office and says “what if we give Samus praying mantis legs”. We all looked at each other and thought wtf does that mean?

Everyone: Laughs

If the Direct is indeed on the 18th then I'm beginning to think Pyoro's sources have expired lol. I feel like he would usually be tweeting by now. As someone else mentioned before the Mega Man GameBoy games is also something that Pyoro would have likely posted about (and didn't). The bird may have been officially clipped!
Tbh the last time we said this it ended up with no direct the day we predicted and pyoro being the only one who knew the real date of direct. So let’s just wait and see

Tbh the last time we said this it ended up with no direct the day we predicted and pyoro being the only one who knew the real date of direct. So let’s just wait and see
True, but we haven’t had any interactions like this yet:

Fe4 disturbing content has been heavily exaggerated over the years. And most of the examples are things that have been done in other fire emblem games released worldwide and didn’t get censored
stuff like incest has been done in fire emblem fates and threehouses, mind controlling girls is a trope extremely common in fire emblem (it’s probably easier to list the games where it didn’t happen) and even engage had it. All the scripted deaths are not much different from what happens in other games like threehouses or path of radiance

Like others have said, there is going to be something DK related at the direct

Unfortunately, I’m not sure it’s gonna be EPDs game but I think DKCR or DKJB are good possibilities
Dkjb is not a good possibility. No one is asking for it. No one but 5 people care about it. There’s more pressing matters with DK like the new EPD game that needs to come first.

We got tropical freeze port. Can we get a brand new game after a decade?

I think this direct will pass without epdk or metroid prime 4.
We’re probably forgetting some franchise that didn’t get leaked like tomodachi life and it’s going to blind side us.

no wonder she quite the leaker game soon after

I mean she had a better hit rate than most of the insiders still around - I don't think her accuracy was the issue. She just wasn't all in on clout and had life stuff to get on with from what I remember (had a kid I think)

People seem to simply believe more easily these days even if stuff is never confirmed (Switch 2 being "delayed" as a prime example along with the "Switch Pro" being cancelled internally despite no evidence either thing actually happened).

It was like two days ago Brazil was saying there was no set date for the direct but now he says it's confirmed and people are 100% buying into it despite it being impossible for both things to simultaneously be true.

The only people who are consistently correct are the ones with access - like Pyoro - who leak stuff out a few days before due to the proximity they have to marketing materials. And they tend to be short lived.

But anyway who really cares

I think this direct will pass without epdk or metroid prime 4.
We’re probably forgetting some franchise that didn’t get leaked like tomodachi life and it’s going to blind side us.
That’s not a game you end with. Zelda, Metroid and DK are closers. Tomadachi can definitely be there, but that’s a middle of the direct announcement

That’s not a game you end with. Zelda, Metroid and DK are closers. Tomadachi can definitely be there, but that’s a middle of the direct announcement
Open with dragon quest 3 hd, middle announcements tomodachi and prime 2 and 3 ports and close with fe4 remake. Ok I’m jesting but it still kind of feels too good to be true to have a new 2d zelda in the works. That might be the closer

Ouch.
I forgot who it was (was it Eurogamer ?) who also said that BOTW would release in Summer... But only in Europe. And that it would be day one in the US and Japan, because NoE wasn't able to localize the game in time for the console release. Imagine the bullshit that this would have been.

Edit : nevermind, you were literally answering to that lmao

Ouch.
That’s not that bad, she just missed her pikmin 4 prediction by 6 years and her Xenoblade x port and beyond good and evil 2 release by infinite years.
Actually she literally missed every single prediction here, that’s impressive.

Yeah, you're absolutely right that it would have been worse. I would say it wasn't until Dread got announced that Metroid discussion became downright pleasant across the internet again. It took a while to get to that point. Hopefully Metroid Prime 4 doesn't bring with it any more controversies because I don't think I'd have the stomach for any more Metroid discourse.

If its crossgen, people will absolutely whine about the game being held back by Switch. Happens to every crossgen game. If it's Switch exclusive they'll whine about no Switch 2 version. If it's Switch 2 exclusive then there will be (absolutely justified) complaining about no Switch 1 version.

Sanctuary Fortress not getting the prime 1 remastered treatment should be a war crime

Skytown too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom