• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Metroid Prime 4 releases in the first half of 2025, there's a chance we can still see it here. Luigi's Mansion 2 HD was announced in the June 2023 Direct and it will release a little over exactly a year later.

Even if Metroid Prime 4 releases in the first half of 2025, there's a chance we can still see it here. Luigi's Mansion 2 HD was announced in the June 2023 Direct and it will release a little over exactly a year later.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s used to segue into next gen like BotW was.

If it’s announced now, it could perfectly mirror BotW’s pre-release cycle. Remember, BotW was shown and extensively demo’d before the Switch was even announced.

I think we might get info about who'll be acting on the live action zelda movie.
It's still years off, Wes Ball only wrapped up with Apes recently and they're gonna have to do a lot development to get the visuals and story right even with a script etc... so yeah don't expect to hear anything about this, especially not casting, til 2025 or 2026 imo

We are really in the dark in relation to this direct's content. The only thing we are sure is that Metroid Prime 4 exists and we don't even know if it will be shown.

Also, like so many people already said: IT'S hard to predict games when the next console is already next year, complicated to predict if a Nintendo studio is working on a game for current gen or next one. Zelda, DK, Fire Emblem, Mario Party...

This will be fun!
3 new Kirby games. Final answer.

While true it’s still depends on the strategy per game Luigi’s Mansion was going to be announced in a Direct. Nintendo knew they weren’t going to have a general direct in February so they had to announce it in September.

Metroid Prime 4 is different because it could be cross gen. Switch 2 has to be revealed where games can be shown

you forget the miyamoto announce star fox live action movie
I unironically want this

And by "live action" I'd mean "Muppets"

I am not kidding

Just had a $18 breakfast platter. What does it all mean?
Around here it'd mean prices are finally coming down

Skies of Arcadia: Myths & Legends Edition gets announced for Switch and I'll cry
tumblr_mhfcaq7RbL1qgzqnco10_r1_250.gif

Midori confirmed recently that the code name Edward project was indeed for a Zelda game. They also apparently knew the direct date of the 18th a few days ago. Seems likely we see this Zelda project in the direct

Amazing that Midori suddenly knew the Direct date all along but that the post saying so wasn't made until after Brazil openly posted it here

There’s always a Zelda game being developed. Why does Midori or whoever this person get credit for telling us nothing new.
I think the implication is that a new Zelda project is going to be shown during the direct. That’s why midori is now saying with certainty that codename Edward is Zelda when he didn’t know for sure before.

Btw, seeing the discussion about which Nintendo series has the worst discussion...

In my time on the internet and talking about Nintendo in general, I have seen so many awful discourse ad nauseum that when a certain topic appears, you can be pretty certain how it will end. Paper Mario, Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Metroid... I've seen them all.

I tend to stay away from those, because my personal outlook on games is; good that they are trying new things. And if something doesn't work or a game isn't as good compared to another title in the series in your opinion, it happens. You can't love everything. And that's okay.

Now, the real question is: Practical effect for the Arwings like in a good Toku, or CG?
That's a toughie. My knee-jerk thought was CGI for the ships and muppets overlaid, but stylized CGI to make it look like Toku stuff. Some of the more recent Star Wars series (Acolyte in particular) have managed to mimic the lighting and movement of the old model-based ship animation to a point where I did a couple double-takes wondering if they did use models for a few shots, so.. I think stylized CGI is getting to the point where it could be satisfying.

They might even be able to make it work with a mix of both! Mixing CGI and practical has been more and more effective lately (as it gives good reference for lighting and color grading to match the digital effects to) so having models for establishing shots or static flying shots and then having CGI for some of the crazier dogfight moments... actually, that. That's my answer. Toku-style for less complex shots, and well-matched CGI for shots where they need more freedom for camera movement and ship choreography.

God I want that so bad.

👏 👏 👏

You know what’s funny to me? People saying they want a star fox game from the ace combat team… when the ace combat 2 team were the guys who made Star Fox Assault!
I almost forgot an Ace Combat game is supposed to release for the Switch this year too. Wonder if they'll show that?

How far in advance are Directs usually complete? So, let’s say this Direct airs Tuesday, when would they have been put together and ready to go? About a week before?

Saying a Zelda is coming out soonish is definitely new

No one would’ve expected another true 3D Zelda for several years, and a 2d Zelda wouldn’t be automatically obvious

eh a 2D Zelda may not be obvious but it's not exactly something anyone here would really be surprised by either if it did happen, it's definitely an obvious choice if someone were trying to make a guess that actually has a reasonable chance of happening

a 3D one other than the rumored ports? okay sure

With no Mina the Hollower release date and no Silksong at the Xbox show I'm really hungry for some Indies in this Direct. I'd love to see a new metroidvania, or at least a good list of dates for games that are coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom