• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My predictions:

• Furukawa's drunk
  • Miyamoto's chain smoking in Dylan Cuthbert's house
  • New Star Fox is cancelled
  • Metroid Prime 4 is cancelled
  • Switch is retroactively cancelled
  • Your Switch explodes

Idk I think this is too optimistic

Notice how it’s usually us FE veterans that just, like most of ‘em for their best traits without squabbling with others about it.

This is also my spot where I get to call that FE4’s remake will be called something like “Fire Emblem: Scions of Light” or “Fire Emblem: Inheritors of Light”. I called Roy’s Smash tagline back 9 years ago, and I hadn’t posted it online for proof so, I wanna lock it in!

The name carries the same meaning as the original title without, yeah. Kit from the K&K podcast displayed concerns over the original name and I bet, since others at NoA would have similar mindsets, they’d feel similarly too. It won’t be called Echoes, since recent titles like Engage and Heroes have really tied that subtitle to specifically reference Shadows of Valentia. Plus, the first chapter of the second-half of the game “光をつぐもの” translates to “Inheritors of Light”, but most official modern FE material that references FE4 calls the main character “The Scion of Light”.

So, yeah! Long winded, but, I feel good about my prediction. (Three Houses was also not a great name, and they localized the intent of the JP name perfectly with the special edition!! It SHOULD’VE been called “Fire Emblem: Seasons of Warfare”)
I do like your suggested names! I'm curious if they'll keep using the echoes moniker. I feel like you could do a lot of cool names using that name scheme of SoV

Legacy of Judgral
Radiance of Tellius
Fires of Elibe

To name a few!

That said, I'm cool with whatever!! Just really want to play an FE4 remake.

I'm keeping my expectations in check, but I'm very open to being surprised by this direct

At this point, how many times have we thought that surely the Switch was out of surprises and we're in for a low-key show, only for Nintendo to walk out and go "I got one more in me"

This direct is being undersold. It’s the finale of the Switch. Nintendo started this Gen with a bang and they will go out with a bang bang

I'm not on this train due to the alleged delay. Nintendo would go out with a bang considering how stellar 2023 was for the console.

Now that the new console is due sometime in 2025, I'd rather they save up whatever they got for the reveal

I'm not on this train due to the alleged delay. Nintendo would go out with a bang considering how stellar 2023 was for the console.

Now that the new console is due sometime in 2025, I'd rather they save up whatever they got for the reveal
DK and 2D Zelda are part of my decisions. Those are Bang announcements and I don’t see them being saved for Switch 2.

They didn't even drop the 3DS when Switch came out, and 3DS games wouldn't be playable on the Switch.
We have at least Pokémon Legends Z-A coming in 2025, Brasil has said he knows of at least 2 games coming for Switch after Switch 2 is out, there's the possibility Metroid Prime 4 is cross gen.
This generation isn't like the others - but even if it was, we have more examples of Nintendo supporting their previous handheld than of them just dropping it.
here.

If a game was already in development for Switch and late in its life cycle like Pokemon, then of course it’s still going to release on Switch because that’s the platform they were already destined and greenlit for. But everything starting dev in the last year or so is pretty much guaranteed to be for Switch 2 exclusively.

I think the most important question is who is going to host this direct? Mr. Koizumi or Mr. Takahashi? Will a new face be joining the Nintendo Direct hosting lineup?

Yeah not looking good since Pyoro hasn't posted. I mean E3 is dead and they are probably keeping their games for Switch 2. I don't think we are getting any direct, not June, not September. See you next year.
Oh god. Please stop with Pyoro, Nintendo had games before him and they will have games after him still.

Bait but still

Great news Fami, my boy oppiZ just hit me with the newest in leak town, you wont believe what Nintendo has been cooking
-Direct starts with Fire emblem shadow of the nobody cares, comes out whenever you want IDK (his words not mine)
-Next announcement is that because Twitter support for switch was discontinued, the mad men at Nintendo are bringing back Miiverse. They promise 2 percent more moderation then last time
-We get a Star Fox animated series to be made and sold for a tax write off by Warner Bros
-Then we get the Zelda segment. We start off with the highly awaited remaster, Tears of the Kingdom deluxe, now with even fewer frames per second and priced at 80 dollars. Then we get a sequel to crossbow training, nothing surprising there. Finally we get a sequel to the Zelda Game and Watch now featuring Minish Cap and Four Swords
-Final few announcements now, Mario Kart Tour announced to be coming to home consoles, confirmed to be the only Mario Kart game currently in development
-Mario Wonder DLC, titled Wario Wonder. Sees Players traverse through the levels of Mario Wonder as the colorful duo Wario and Waluigi in challenging speed running trials
-Final announcement is that effective immediately, Retro Studios office will be hit with targeted missile strikes for harboring Pyoro and for making another damn DK game instead of Prime 4

I think the idea’s been floated in topics of yore, but a Soul Calibur-like weapon fighter would totally be fitting, especially if they don’t limit themselves to lords and deuteragonists. (The fight choreography from Engage would be a good start since it already feels a bit fighter game like.)

For something more humorous than anything, a RoTK/Nobunaga’s Ambition like set in Fodlan to complete a trilogy of Fodlan games (the FE, the Musou, the RoTK), and also to hammer in that Fodlan is just FEverse Romance of the Three Kingdoms (having the non leader/second in command students as free generals would be interesting; and would they have Shez or Byleth as a Lu Bu in this format?).

They could revive Cipher digitally too I suppose... (and while I remember, we’re still waiting on the second quartet of Cipher to make a mainline appearance...)

~~~

Re a renaming of Genealogy - I’m still in camp Divine Bloodlines or something to that effect cautiously dodges the Grand Cross coming from a blue garbed Belmont
A Project Soul team game makes way more sense for Legend of Zelda over FE tho

Also I think there’s high potential in a Xenoblade Mystery Dungeon. Been a while since we got a themed MD

Last edited:
Yeah not looking good since Pyoro hasn't posted. I mean E3 is dead and they are probably keeping their games for Switch 2. I don't think we are getting any direct, not June, not September. See you next year.
I know you're probably joking but folks really need to calm down about Pyoro/other insiders. Their silence doesn't say anything specifically positive or negative about Nintendo news. I feel like some people start to think insiders' words are more sacred than Nintendo themselves. They can be a fun presence but they don't know every single thing there is to know about Nintendo for the next several years.

Looks like furukawa was just another alt of mystic distance, he faked being both a japanese girl and a japanese businness man
Oh god. Please stop with Pyoro, Nintendo had games before him and they will have games after him still.

Bait but still
I don't know about this, I think that I need a tweet by Pyoro to confirm that Nintendo ever released a game before him.

Okay, here we go:

Opener: Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. Looks lit. October.

Batch 1:
Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD final trailer
BG&E Anniversary edition
Kirby: Planet Robobot and Triple Deluxe HD ports.
Nintendo World Championships trailer
Among Us Update
House of the Dead 2 Remake
Message from Yoko Taro: “When asked if we could make a Switch-exclusive NieR game, we decided to not even try”. Short teaser for REP3NT.

Dumb skit featuring cardboard microphones.

Deep dive: Nintendo Switch Music. They bring in Miyamoto to perform The Spirit Carries On by Dream Theater.

Batch 2:
Donkey Kong Country 4D
Flower and Journey Remastered
Lawnmower Death
Final Fantasy IX Remake
Bravely Default + Bravely Second: End Layer
3DO Remix
Ice Climbers 99

Deep-Dive: New 2D Zelda. Spiritual successor to Zelda II, featuring similar mechanics and both a world map and side-scrolling dungeons. Coming November.

Sizzle reel.

Closer
: Metroid Prime 4. 2025, “also available on the Nintendo Switch Successor”.

Last edited:
I think the most important question is who is going to host this direct? Mr. Koizumi or Mr. Takahashi? Will a new face be joining the Nintendo Direct hosting lineup?

images

Quoted by: N75
I know you're probably joking but folks really need to calm down about Pyoro/other insiders. Their silence doesn't say anything specifically positive or negative about Nintendo news. I feel like some people start to think insiders' words are more sacred than Nintendo themselves. They can be a fun presence but they don't know every single thing there is to know about Nintendo for the next several years.
Taste is a funny thing too

This direct is being undersold. It’s the finale of the Switch. Nintendo started this Gen with a bang and they will go out with a bang bang
It won't be the finale of the Switch because no way does Nintendo not keep supporting the Switch through 2025 and probably 2026 when the most we know of the Switch 2 is "it's a more powerful Switch that's most likely backwards compatible".
We'll definitely be getting some cross platform releases for a while, especially thanks to the Switch's install base. Like the 3DS from 2017-2019, except all the games will be also probably be playable on the new thing so I doubt they'll be sending games to die as hard as late-3DS.

My predictions :

• Fire Emblem 4
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Pokemon Legend ZA
  • Dragon Quest III HD-2D

I hope to see Luigi's Mansion 1

• No new Donkey Kong
  • No Mario Party
  • No The Legend of Zelda 2D, TP HD or WW HD

After the whole MidoriDistance thing, I'm not surprised Pyoro hasn't posted and maybe they just don't want to leak anything right now. I don't see one leaker not posting as concrete evidence that the Direct won't happen on Tuesday, even if they've had a good record in the past, there may be lots of reasons as to why they're not saying anything and that's okay. A lot is pointing to Tuesday anyhow

It won't be the finale of the Switch because no way does Nintendo not keep supporting the Switch through 2025 and probably 2026 when the most we know of the Switch 2 is "it's a more powerful Switch that's most likely backwards compatible".
We'll definitely be getting some cross platform releases for a while, especially thanks to the Switch's install base. Like the 3DS from 2017-2019, except all the games will be also probably be playable on the new thing so I doubt they'll be sending games to die as hard as late-3DS.
I meant finale as in it being the last direct without Switch 2 being announced (imo)

Honestly I am excited for the Direct for the simple fact that we will finally have a summer presentation with lots of new and awesome Japanese games. The Japanese presence in the other summer shows was so limited and disappointing.

Has 18th been confirmed yet???
(Before catching up)

If it’s been officially confirmed this thread would be locked

seriously yall

with all the talk about Fire Emblem, Prime 4, Star Fox, Fucking Donkey Kong, whether it'll be a good Direct or a filler Direct, whether all the stuff people care about is being held over for new hardware...

imagine the reaction if this Direct fades in and instead of Koizumi or Takahashi we see Reggie.

A smirk on his face, a Lucas lapel pin, and he doesn't say a word. Just smiles, raises his hand, and snaps.
This is peak kino

(Am I doing this right?)

WE HAVE A WINNER!

It’s over!
Sweet sweet release

We need 3 leakers to get 1 pyoro
Worst carnival game ever

That awful sound...

bang bang...

My baby member of the Nintendo Switch family of systems shot me down.
Thank you! I was about to pull the YouTube video for that song as a reply 😄

After the whole MidoriDistance thing, I'm not surprised Pyoro hasn't posted and maybe they just don't want to leak anything right now. I don't see one leaker not posting as concrete evidence that the Direct won't happen on Tuesday, even if they've had a good record in the past, there may be lots of reasons as to why they're not saying anything and that's okay. A lot is pointing to Tuesday anyhow
At this point I think we have a lot more evidence pointing to Tuesday than some bird saying “yeah it’s tuesday”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom