• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Everyone is praying for older Nintendo franchises, I'm here begging Nintendo for some new IP goodness. New characters, new worlds, new experiences. Nintendo is best when they're creating from scratch.
Even though they currently have a 100+ million audience to introduce new IP to, at this point they're probably waiting for Switch 2 for anything like that.

Y'all, I've been away for 8 hours at the most, why the hell did i wake up to 3 new pages (I have pages set to 100 messages per btw).

Anyway, Xenoblade X better be in this next direct or else I'll... idk what i'll do. I might not do anything tbh. Kid Icarus Uprising would also be neat.

Or Wario's Woods Remake...

full

Everyone is praying for older Nintendo franchises, I'm here begging Nintendo for some new IP goodness. New characters, new worlds, new experiences. Nintendo is best when they're creating from scratch.
It is odd to me that Nintendo seem to have dropped off new IP in the second half of the Switch's life, but that makes me think they're waiting for new hardware to introduce new characters and ideas. If anything the later stages of the system's life seem to have been used more for absent IP to return (Endless Ocean, Another Code, F ZERO, Advance Wars, Mario Strikers since 2022).
They released Sushi Strikers on 3DS after Switch was launched (and Switch got a port as well). Anything possible.
And Ever Oasis. But, like I said, the balance for new IP on Switch is heavily skewed towards the first half of the system's life cycle (Snipperclips, ARMS, 1-2 Switch, Labo, Sushi Striker, Ring Fit Adventure, Astral Chain were all 2017-2019).

I'll take no sauce then. Engage almost matches Conquest as the best playing FE of the series
The kings of "Good Gameplay, Awful Writing" FE games. I can never see anyone be normal or have a balanced take about either game. It's either blind "This is a masterpiece with no flaws and everyone is wrong" or "This game is the worst video game ever made and has no redeeming qualities". It really sucks to be someone who likes playing those two but can't stand their stories, between both camps.

I've played every single entry in the franchise multiple times (most on their highest difficulties), started with Sacred Stones, and even got to QA test for Shouzou Kaga's indie game. Three Houses and Engage are BOTH within my top half of FE games! (Thracia, Genealogy, Three Houses, New Mystery, and Path of Radiance are my top 5). So... trust me when I say this exact half-half debate has happened with FE since literally the dawn of time everytime there's a game that brings in a new influx of fans and NONE of the new groups realize they're treading grounds that have been trodden so deeply on forums for decades now TT_TT

"Sacred Stones is too easy! It sucks and isn't real strategy, FE7 better!"
"Three Houses is too easy! It sucks and isn't real strategy, FE17 better!"

"psh- Three Houses is just copying big modern anime trends, Persona rip-off"
"psh- Engage is just copying big modern anime trends, Genshin rip-off!"

The endless now.

Last edited:
The kings of "Good Gameplay, Awful Writing" FE games. I can never see anyone be normal or have a balanced take about either game. It's either blind "This is a masterpiece with no flaws and everyone is wrong" or "This game is the worst video game ever made and has no redeeming qualities". It really sucks to be someone who likes playing those two but can't stand their stories, between both camps.

I've played every single entry in the franchise multiple times (most on their highest difficulties), started with Sacred Stones, and even got to QA test for Shouzou Kaga's indie game. Three Houses and Engage are BOTH within my top half of FE games! (Thracia, Genealogy, Three Houses, New Mystery, and Path of Radiance are my top 5). So... trust me when I say this exact half-half debate has happened with FE since literally the dawn of time everytime there's a game that brings in a new influx of fans and NONE of the new groups realize they're treading grounds that have been trodden so deeply on forums for decades now TT_TT

"Sacred Stones is too easy! It sucks and isn't real strategy, FE7 better!"
"Three Houses is too easy! It sucks and isn't real strategy, FE17 better!"

"psh- Three Houses is just copying big modern anime trends, Persona rip-off"
"psh- Engage is just copying big modern anime trends, Genshin rip-off!"

The endless now.
Is "I know the story isn't thematically strong and is Narratively weak but the VA's Kill it so hard and Boss Conversations are so Good that I don't care" a sane take?

I'm in the camp of calling engage a masterpiece, but I acknowledge it's because the Flaws of the game don't affect me personally.

So it‘s confirmed then, Tuesday 18th June, 10:00 a.m…. That would be 15:00 CEST in Europe, it’s the normal E3 slot that usually use.

Il, say the Direct gonna be 45min long.

Also stop starting to downposting just because Pyoro didn’t leak anything yet. It’s sureley NOT gona be a Partner Showcase.
16:00 in Europe, 15:00 in UK

I do hope it's a longer Direct, especially since if it isn't a partner showcase or something, it'll be the first proper one of this year so something small would feel... idk. I wouldn't be disappointed but I'd prefer it longer

Do people think we'll get another direct this year, or will this be the only one?

My money's on this being the sole direct of the year, but being pretty no holds barred as far as things go. They won't want to draw attention away from the succesor.

Do people think we'll get another direct this year, or will this be the only one?

My money's on this being the sole direct of the year, but being pretty no holds barred as far as things go. They won't want to draw attention away from the succesor.
I think it's going to be the only one. Set out the complete H2 slate then next update will be January which is when they should start revealing Switch 2 stuff.

There will be a September Direct, you can be sure about it. And for its first year they won't care about "attention" for successor, they'll push current Switch as hard as they can. It's nowhere near being dead.

Three cases might happen

Case A:

June: Direct
September: Direct Mini/Partner
Sept/October Switch 2 Reveal

Case B:

September: Direct
Sept/October: Switch 2 Reveal

Case C:

July: Switch 2 Reveal
September: Switch 2 Presentation
November Switch 2 Release

Three cases might happen

Case A:

Case B:

Case C:

Case C is not even a case on the table

Three cases might happen

Case A:

Case B:

Case C:

Case D:

June Direct
February Switch 2 reveal
March/April Switch 2 presentation
May Switch 2 release

Three cases might happen

Case A:

Case B:

Case C:

I don't think any of these scenarios are happening, honestly. I'm of the camp that thinks Switch 2 isn't getting revealed until early next year, in order to give the Switch (and the games announced at this Direct) one more Holiday to shine.

Last edited:
Watched a few prediction videos on Youtube and man... people are really expecting a full slate of remasters and ports with nothing new... and most are presenting it as an exciting thing... 😬
And I though I was a doomer for saying I expected only 2-3 new mid-sized games and a couple of smaller ones (1st party only, of course) 😅

My prediction for after the June direct, is a September one just to lock in their range for the holiday season and promote any remaining first party Switch games for Q1 2025. As they’ll have a few smaller games just to carry them though to the Switch 2 launch. Then Switch 2 gets announced Feb next year alongside launch games, starting a media blitz focused entirely on Switch 2 for an April/May release.

My prediction for after the June direct, is a September one just to lock in their range for the holiday season and promote any remaining first party Switch games for Q1 2025. As they’ll have a few smaller games just to carry them though to the Switch 2 launch. Then Switch 2 gets announced Feb next year alongside launch games, starting a media blitz focused entirely on Switch 2 for an April/May release.
Despite Switch games needing the marketing, there's no way we get a September Direct. Nintendo will overthink its Direct schedule this year.

I think so, if not, then the September Direct may be what really kicks off the Switch successor's marketing campaign. I can see this Direct being everything from now until December and then if we do get a September Direct, maybe that'll be where the successor is shown off and some teasers for some games if the system is set to be out early 2025 as people are suggesting

Three cases might happen

Case A:

Case B:

Case C:

much more likely imo:

June: Switch Direct
Sept/Oct: Switch 2 reveal

Nothing else. Why would they do another direct in September? Switch is over, Switch 2 games will be shown next year as in 2017.

June 2025: Switch 2 reveal
June 2026: Switch 2 presentation
June 2027: Switch 2 release

partners every September in between for TGS but no Directs other than that

Three cases might happen

Case A:

Case B:

Case C:

Honestly I’m a case A believer, I could see them revealing the next console in the same timeframe as the switch, and I’m sure they’ll need SOME kind of news before TGS this year

Monday morning this place will be a lot of fun!
Prepare for a very long countdown party!
I want our own version of "everyone is here" for the last Switch only direct (maybe)!

Nothing else. Why would they do another direct in September? Switch is over, Switch 2 games will be shown next year as in 2017.
They could still do a Partner Showcase if they really wanted to. Then just copy the Switch's pre-release formula of a hardware reveal in Sept/Oct, followed by a breakdown of the launch year lineup after the holiday season in January.

Back
Top Bottom