• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Pyoro losing his sources just because he hasn't started leaking yet seems like a bit of a stretch given how bad leak culture has been recently, we can definitely start making guesses at to whether he lost his sources but to say so definitively is too early

Regardless i'm glad we have Brazil : )

Pyoro losing his sources just because he hasn't started leaking yet seems like a bit of a stretch given how bad leak culture has been recently, we can definitely start making guesses at to whether he lost his sources but to say so definitively is too early

Regardless i'm glad we have Brazil : )
I agree. I wish leakers could just choose to stop leaking one day and the internet didn't speculate that something had gone wrong or that Nintendo had nothing planned. For example, maybe the person just got tired of leaking? Or what if they went on vacation? Or they just got busy with the life I assume they have that doesn't revolve around their social media presence? It's cool that these people give hints about what's coming to those who care, but I don't think that we should expect that they do. I'll just hope that Pyoro is doing well.

Last edited:
8txsw3.jpg

I didn't expect so many people to like Three House, for me the game's biggest drawbacks were that it created a regression in the core system, the map design was terrible, and all factors led to the fact that as much as I liked Three House's characterization and plot framework (I'm super fond of Edelgard) I couldn't like it's gameplay.

Good morning. So the summary is Pyoro is dead, Direct the 18 and no MP4 this year, right? 🚬 🚬
Wasn't MP4 more or less speculation on Nate's part ?
Also :
Among us, Fall guys and suika game will probably have something at the Direct
Square Enix will have 3 to 4 games at the Direct, one being DQ HD2D and one being a Fantasian port that they have been handling (YoshiP team more precisely).
And I think that's it

How ahead of time does Nintendo usually announce Directs? Coz at this stage if what is being said is true, they kind of have to announce this on Monday. I for some reason feel that it's usually more than 24 hours.

How ahead of time does Nintendo usually announce Directs? Coz at this stage if what is being said is true, they kind of have to announce this on Monday. I for some reason feel that it's usually more than 24 hours.
It's been 24 hours before for a while now

Good that we have a date but if it's 3pm UK time I'll be on a train heading to a work thing so won't be able to watch it live. 😢So guess it's watch it in the hotel afterwards.

Hold on, isn't Tuesday morning earlier than usual for a Nintendo Direct?
IIRC they happen during the afternoon, at least for the american timezone.

I think it's usually 7am Pacific?

i usually go off UK time which is usually either 3pm or 10pm.

Good that we have a date but if it's 3pm UK time I'll be on a train heading to a work thing so won't be able to watch it live. 😢So guess it's watch it in the hotel afterwards.

I think it's usually 7am Pacific?

i usually go off UK time which is usually either 3pm or 10pm.
So going to be like midnight for me.

Hold on, isn't Tuesday morning earlier than usual for a Nintendo Direct?
IIRC they happen during the afternoon, at least for the american timezone.
Usually they do, however the June E3 Directs used to always be in the morning, likely because of Treehouse live taking place for hours after.

Nintendo’s just likely keeping the Tuesday morning tradition going in June, even in the absence of E3.

Wish they’d keep the treehouse tradition too :(

Three House's worldview is much stronger than Engage's. It even provides a detailed introduction for every month, which to me is its most outstanding part. This is likely related to the long-term historical simulation game production experience of its production company Koei.

As for the advantages of Engage, they cannot be felt from the trailer. Its gameplay is similar to the FE I played a decade ago. Therefore, the decrease in sales is obvious, just like Octopath2.

The source of Pyoro's message is a marketing department at Nintendo (whicn I speculate). According to the workflow, he must have been exposed to the trailer for Direct by now.

You have to play Three Houses…it’s one of the best games this gen
That's really up to one's tastes though. It's a good game, but I had similar issues with it. One of the ugliest artstyles in recent times (imo) and it focused far too much on the Monastery, which I didn't care about. Easily my least favorite post-Awakening Fire Emblem and I can see other people who liked Engage feeling the same way about it.

I don’t think it’s a partner showcase, the fact Nintendo mentioned this one coming leads me to believe it’s a general.

They’ll have games for the second half of this year.

Partner showcase would be surprising. Nintendo has nothing announced past LM2 and the new legends pokemon game in 2025 and I don't think they are counting on third party support ONLY for the Switch twilight years.
Also the way it was revealed by Nintendo themselves way in advance doesn't really line up for something that is not a general direct.

So it‘s confirmed then, Tuesday 18th June, 10:00 a.m…. That would be 15:00 CEST in Europe, it’s the normal E3 slot that usually use.

Il, say the Direct gonna be 45min long.

Also stop starting to downposting just because Pyoro didn’t leak anything yet. It’s sureley NOT gona be a Partner Showcase.

Just give me a Direct with lots of classic Nintendo games remastered for Switch. WW, TP, Kid Icarus Uprising, FZero GX, Punch Out Wii, Wario Shake It, MP 2 & 3.
Everyone is praying for older Nintendo franchises, I'm here begging Nintendo for some new IP goodness. New characters, new worlds, new experiences. Nintendo is best when they're creating from scratch.

Thread's worse than ever thanks to Furukawa confirming it ahead of time. The night shift had Fire Emblem fans turning into Paper Mario fans and now the day shift has started with Partner Showcase stuff.

This is why Directs should be streamed directly to people's brains when they're sleeping so you can't even be sure if it really happened or if it's just a shared delusion.

Back
Top Bottom