• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
It's going to be very crazy if we do get a Direct in the 18th and none of the games we used to give us that reasoning shows up in it

Oh I still think regardless it’s the most likely based on the smoke (all the game info that’s coming on that date like Among Us, Fall Guys)

Also if we wanna invoke patterns and they’re doing a morning direct like they used to for E3, those always fell on Tuesdays
Oh sure it's definitely possible, though maybe not enough to "settle" on it yet (at least for my own expectations). We've just had instances of more concrete smoke in the past that only ended up backfiring on us so I'm just always cautious with this stuff lol.

The morning part definitely seems safer, though, yeah.

The Among Us thing is still the main reason to believe in the 18th right? Do we have anything else pointing to that date?

Just wondering because I wonder if that would instead get dropped tomorrow for the anniversary of the game, but I guess that still wouldn't explain the 18th being mentioned in the blogpost.

The Among Us thing is still the main reason to believe in the 18th right? Do we have anything else pointing to that date?

Just wondering because I wonder if that would instead get dropped tomorrow for the anniversary of the game, but I guess that still wouldn't explain the 18th being mentioned in the blogpost.
fall guys and suika game both also have announcements planned for the 18th

I just want to see Metroid Prime 4 next week after all this years, is it too much to ask?
at first i did too, until i chatted with some of my IRL gaming peeps and they pointed out releasing a game like Metroid Prime 4 in a transition year would hurt the series more than help it(For example Skyward Sword), i would rather they dual release it during sometime in 2025 launch window

seriously yall

with all the talk about Fire Emblem, Prime 4, Star Fox, Fucking Donkey Kong, whether it'll be a good Direct or a filler Direct, whether all the stuff people care about is being held over for new hardware...

imagine the reaction if this Direct fades in and instead of Koizumi or Takahashi we see Reggie.

A smirk on his face, a Lucas lapel pin, and he doesn't say a word. Just smiles, raises his hand, and snaps.
while we're entertaining the impossible, is now a good time to bring up how back in February the guy that designed Earthbound's American boxart seemed to think something's happening in November for that game's 30th anniversary?

Wow, it’s hard to believe over 20 years ago I was commissioned by Tim Girvin design to do a video cover of a silly role playing game from Japan. No one knew that it would blow up to be one of the holy grail games for Nintendo. That was because only 140,000 were produced and thought the years it developed a huge fan base! The 30th anniversary is coming up in Nov and I hear Nintendo is planning something…where my invite?? Oh and here’s the kicker they changed the background at the 11th hour so I had to redo the entire piece and I cut the robot out and stuck it to the side of my flat file where it stayed for years and I completely forgot about it
Earthbound trilogy remake collection confirmed to be the holiday game/s

while we're entertaining the impossible, is now a good time to bring up how back in February the guy that designed Earthbound's American boxart seemed to think something's happening in November for that game's 30th anniversary?

Earthbound trilogy remake collection confirmed to be the holiday game/s

Oh woah, this really seems like an accidental slip-up. But I'm not sure how they would have that knowledge, I suppose they could've kept in touch with some Nintendo employees. A remake of Earthbound would be quite the announcement.

I'm 99% confident Prime 4 will be releasing within a year whether it's showing up in this upcoming direct or not.

So even if there's no trailer in the next 2 weeks to hype us up, at this point I'm content just waiting until it's here.

Unless there's some black swan event that causes the game to be cancelled, Nintendo is going to release it for the Switch.

They're not going to make it exclusive for the Switch 2 and tell their customers "hey you gotta pay another $300+ USD to get another system to play this game after waiting 7 years." They promised it for the Switch and not fulfilling that promise would just be false advertising,

Either it releases this holiday or it comes cross-gen at the Switch 2 launch.

Oh woah, this really seems like an accidental slip-up. But I'm not sure how they would have that knowledge, I suppose they could've kept in touch with some Nintendo employees. A remake of Earthbound would be quite the announcement.
tbh my non-copium interpretation is he probably just heard about one of the bajillion things Itoi's company tends to do to celebrate the series like new merch or maybe a concert or physical reprint of some kind, maybe he got a wire crossed somewhere and took that to mean "Nintendo" was doing something for the anniversary

but it's something I've been keeping in the back of my mind because if it does turn out to be "something more", it'll be pretty funny that the dude just put it out there in plain writing and practically nobody really seemed to notice

I'm 99% confident Prime 4 will be releasing within a year whether it's showing up in this upcoming direct or not.

So even if there's no trailer in the next 2 weeks to hype us up, at this point I'm content just waiting until it's here.

Unless there's some black swan event that causes the game to be cancelled, Nintendo is going to release it for the Switch.

They're not going to make it exclusive for the Switch 2 and tell their customers "hey you gotta pay another $300+ USD to get another system to play this game after waiting 7 years." They promised it for the Switch and not fulfilling that promise would just be false advertising,

Either it releases this holiday or it comes cross-gen at the Switch 2 launch.
This is what I think. They're either still finishing it with a view for it to be released in a good window to be cross-gen, or it's done and they're just waiting for closer to the Switch successor's launch window and want to tie it in with that as a cross-gen title much like BOTW was (possibly released earlier on Switch and later on the successor, maybe?). Still either way I think you're right, I don't think isn't too far off and based on all of the things like job listings etc, I reckon they're sitting on it and won't go so far as to make it a new console-only title because yes, that's more money, but customers will be furious. It's just a matter of waiting for it to be revealed and its launch to be laid out.

I can't believe I'm mostly excited for the direct because it could line up with my crackpot theory of a demo for a game that I've already preordered and an update for a game I haven't touched in over a month..

Ask yourself why they would say that, based on the opinions they have expressed about certain groups of people who may or may not lurk the site
Like when we get closer to directs you have to analyze how insiders are talking. You have to see what they’re saying and WHEN they’re saying things. When Nate does his poll we know what that means. When they talk about Metroid or Metroid for 2025 all of a sudden we know what that means.

I personally hope that bird stays quiet and never open their beak again if the direct really is Tuesday then Monday at 9AM EST, Nintendo will confirm the direct
Yeah this is the mystery because it’s closer than usual and we’re basically into Saturday and he hasn’t said anything. That’s a good thing. The theories of his source(s) being taken away from him is looking good.

Yeah this is the mystery because it’s closer than usual and we’re basically into Saturday and he hasn’t said anything. That’s a good thing. The theories of his source(s) being taken away from him is looking good.
While it may be extreme wishful thinking on my part, could you imagine how awesome it would be if the NWC thing was just a trap to lure out who their source was, Kit and Krysta themselves say they wouldnt be shocked if Nintendo were to pull a trick like that

Screenshot-7-1.jpg

I do find people acting like the switch will have no new games due to the rumored internal and not really known switch 2 delay… this isn’t the Wii with the tech jump drop, and this isn’t the wiiu with the cartridge change. Especially if the switch 2 is BC the jump isn’t so crazy that Nintendo had to drop everything. There’s gonna be several midsize/smaller projects they always planned to finish out the year on og switch with.
I've accepted the only way I'll get it is via NSO. They'll never remake that perfect little game that started it all.

I love playing them but I had my issues with Engage and Fates. Fates went on too long and Engage was just bland. But the maps and layout of units was great. I can't lie.
That didn’t start it all tho, AC Gamecube was the second game, it started on n64 in Japan. Just like custom Robo.

Finally caught up with the madness.

1) Nate said it wasn't unintentional, but not that its wrong. Minor difference, but doesn't dispute the the trailers for Fall Guys, Among Us and Suika
2) Choctopus is a small-ish Nintendo Content Creator. He's almost certainly guessing, but idk.
3) Haven't played 3H, but I will say I hope that regardless of what they do, they keep the varied and colorful palettes of engage rather than the drab 3H environments. I also hope they don't bring back the excessive micromanaging of the Monastery.
4) Time zones are a mess and I'm really hoping its not midnight my time like most directs.

I’m still holding my breath regarding Pyoro. Maybe they’re waiting ’till the last second? In any case, it’ll be more interesting and exciting if no first-party content is spoiled this time around. Part of me likes it so I can keep my expectations in check, but it’s more thrilling to go in blind.

Finally caught up with the madness.

1) Nate said it wasn't unintentional, but not that its wrong. Minor difference, but doesn't dispute the the trailers for Fall Guys, Among Us and Suika
2) Choctopus is a small-ish Nintendo Content Creator. He's almost certainly guessing, but idk.
3) Haven't played 3H, but I will say I hope that regardless of what they do, they keep the varied and colorful palettes of engage rather than the drab 3H environments. I also hope they don't bring back the excessive micromanaging of the Monastery.
4) Time zones are a mess and I'm really hoping its not midnight my time like most directs.
You have to play Three Houses…it’s one of the best games this gen

You have to play Three Houses…it’s one of the best games this gen
I've been thinking about it, but there's two pretty big hurdles
For one, while I'm usually not that big on Graphics, 3h looks ROUGH and the character models in battle look especially awkward.
The other thing is I generally Hate the micromanaging social things like P5 and Monastery type activities.

If i get the chance to, I'll probably Enjoy it (Engage 3 is a top 3 game of All time alongside Splatoon 3 and Hollow Knight), but it's not high on my priority list when I'm working through pikmin 4 and Another code recollection.

Edit: I'm not trying to disparage 3h's quality btw, I just don't think it's my thing as much

Ive said it a lot I feel, but Three Houses was probably my biggest surprise in the Switch era.

Every other game I loved this gen, I was incredibly hyped for beforehand.

Three Houses I bought on a whim after liking but not loving Awakening and skipping Fates. Did not expect it to become one of my favorite games of all time. Engage didnt… engage me nearly enough to even want to buy it.

I've been thinking about it, but there's two pretty big hurdles
For one, while I'm usually not that big on Graphics, 3h looks ROUGH and the character models in battle look especially awkward.
The other thing is I generally Hate the micromanaging social things like P5 and Monastery type activities.

If i get the chance to, I'll probably Enjoy it (Engage 3 is a top 3 game of All time alongside Splatoon 3 and Hollow Knight), but it's not high on my priority list when I'm working through pikmin 4 and Another code recollection.

Edit: I'm not trying to disparage 3h's quality btw, I just don't think it's my thing as much
if engage is a top 3 goat for you... have you played fire emblem fates conquest? IMO that game is like engage but better

At this point I can’t tell if you like or hate Pyoro

We are so back!!! Thanks @Brazil for spilling the beans!!

I'm glad it's in the morning because it means I won't have a days full of anxiety, I can just wake up whenever it's the airing time and watch.

Btw I'm kinda glad Pyoro hasn't leaked anything yet. Maybe we get this Direct full of surprises? I can't even imagine the reactions online for Super Mario RPG a d Wonder had they not leaked.

But who am I fooling he's probably gonna come and post "is four a prime number" by tomorrow looool(and I hope he does because that would mean less suffering 😭).

again i just think pyoro is choosing not to poke the hive after the midori stuff went up in flames. maybe waiting until closer to the direct and revealing less, maybe skipping this one entirely

if engage is a top 3 goat for you... have you played fire emblem fates conquest? IMO that game is like engage but better
I want to, I have a 2ds, I'm looking for a cartridge, but just haven't found one yet. Ik there are probably other methods but I much prefer original hardware.

I admit that it’s curious we haven’t seen a Pyoro leak yet. I’m hoping this means his source has been cut off, but I think it’s more likely he works in (or has a source in) NOA’s marketing department and they haven’t received the full Direct yet.

Either way, this will be interesting to observe over the weekend!

Back
Top Bottom