• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo acquires Dynamo Pictures, to focus on development of visual content utilizing Nintendo IP (UPDATE: Official Website Open!)

oracion

Ramen Mania
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him

3.Change of Company Name (Planned)
Upon closing of the Acquisition, the company name Dynamo Pictures is expected to be changed to "Nintendo Pictures Co., Ltd." to focus on development of visual content utilizing Nintendo IP.

That is in-line with other Nintendo acquistions of buying to get access to tech and their multimedia future, makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future we see more of this cases. They are the makers of the Pikmin shorts, aren't they?

Well now this is an interesting move. Definitely reaffirms Nintendio's drive into being a multimedia company with a video game focus.

Do we know how big Dynamo Pictures are? Just wondering if this means more promotional animation like the various shorts we've had for Pikmin, Starfox and Kid Icarus (among others), or could they handle something meatier?

Well now this is an interesting move. Definitely reaffirms Nintendio's drive into being a multimedia company with a video game focus.

Do we know how big Dynamo Pictures are? Just wondering if this means more promotional animation like the various shorts we've had for Pikmin, Starfox and Kid Icarus (among others), or could they handle something meatier?

3.Change of Company Name (Planned)
Upon closing of the Acquisition, the company name Dynamo Pictures is expected to be changed to "Nintendo Pictures Co., Ltd." to focus on development of visual content utilizing Nintendo IP.
Looking forward to Fire Emblem: The Spirits Within, though.

CG, VR and motion capture huh?
VR ... you know, Nintendo is very well-placed for bringing VR to the masses if they want to go there. They're selling a screen with motion detectors that has two detachable controllers you can fit in your hands - little to no additional hardware required.
If Prime remake and Prime 4 don't release alongside the new switch with VR support, I question that decision.

Their first works will probably be more shorts, studio assistance, and tv productions. Wonder what will be their first work under the new name

They can greenlight a series of small Golden Sun shorts
Or...hear me out... make a Switch VR application that simulates playing the original GBA in the sun, while playing Golden Sun =O

(As a bonus add Boktai and Castlevania Circle of the Moon into the mix)

So, bets on what will be the first production under the new name. They probably already have a project greenlit, but have to wait for their other duties with other companies to finish before fully diving in.

My best is a Splatoon short series for youtube

I can’t wait for Devil World: The Animation, followed by a Pinball: Revenge of the ‘Gator short series.

So, bets on what will be the first production under the new name. They probably already have a project greenlit, but have to wait for their other duties with other companies to finish before fully diving in.

My best is a Splatoon short series for youtube
Either that or Animal Crossing/Pikmin shorts

Panel de Pon CG anime time
Collaboration with Takara Tomy for a new arcade game/merch line

Today, we use our money to buy a studio, and then, seize our anime!

- Nintendo

I’m mostly surprised that they bought them despite (seemingly) having very little history. I guess nothing is completely off the table.

nice! hopefully some good stuff comes out of this. animated kirby series for netflix when?
That's up to Warpstar.

I'm sure Netflix is still on the table for Nintendo, but after Zelda, I don't know if they're the front runner. Then again, with Nintendo producing their own stuff, it'll be highest bidder dealings

That's up to Warpstar.

I'm sure Netflix is still on the table for Nintendo, but after Zelda, I don't know if they're the front runner. Then again, with Nintendo producing their own stuff, it'll be highest bidder dealings
Netflix better not intentionally leak the details or they can kiss goodbye for good.

VR ... you know, Nintendo is very well-placed for bringing VR to the masses if they want to go there. They're selling a screen with motion detectors that has two detachable controllers you can fit in your hands - little to no additional hardware required.
If Prime remake and Prime 4 don't release alongside the new switch with VR support, I question that decision.
Prime Remake almost certainly won't. We've heard the gameplay itself was only touched up, being left intact where possible.

But the Switch's sensors aren't really at the point where VR would be comfortable, and the screen certainly isn't. I don't expect them to raise the cost of the device that much just to do VR well, and as such I'm not really expecting VR to happen at all.

Very exciting news. Can't wait to see what comes out of this, and if Nintendo plans to expand the company.

Cool, I am excited to see what the upcoming projects are.

When Splatoon inklings and octolings have a Minions-like multimedia trajectory.

I said this cynically but lowkey it’s very cute to think about.

They were a part of them, at least
Wait, I just went and did a little research and what about D-Rockets? Are they part of Dynamo? Weren't they the ones who did the cinematics for Team Ninja (Ninja Gaiden and Other M)? Can't find much on them.

They seem to do a lot of video game related work, could just be expanding their internal capabities for mocap and CGI as well

Definitely a move to continue to diversify their portfolio and generate revenue from outside of gaming. They see what Sony and Microsoft have done and understandably continue to want a piece of that pie. The good thing about Dynamo Pictures is that they are multifaceted. They have both experience in gaming and movies so they can slot in wherever Nintendo sees fit.

Back
Top Bottom