• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Nintendo “Spin-Off” ideas you’d love to see?

Also, a RPG with Nintendo characters, like Kingdom Hearts, but replace Disney for Nintendo.
I get what you mean specifically, but World of Light in Smash Ultimate was already basically that.

I think I'd like an Animal Crossing citybuilder spin-off. You're the mayor and the traditional neighbors are your advisors, staff, lobbyists (quest givers) and so on. You're tasked with rebuilding five different cities with different themes: metropolis, classic Japanese town, seaside resort/port and trade hub, a desert city, and "completely destroyed fixer-upper". As you reach milestones in each one and complete quests, you unlock facilities that link the towns, providing bonuses and extra challenges. Your final goal is to build all five towns to spec, build the special facilities, and complete the transit systems that link them all together at which point you're treated to a massive festival in your honor. There's also a free build where you can do the normal SimCity thing with everything unlocked and no progression system to worry about.

Also, Nintendo music rhythm game by Rayark.

Just uh... not on the level of the C2 Glitch stages orz

A turn-based tactical game in the Splatoon universe. Each weapon sprays more or less ink, depending on its strength and distance from the opponent. Movements through this ink recharge the weapons with new "ammunition". So the more you move, the more often you can use a specific weapon. At the same time, however, you also become a better target for your opponent.

• Xenoblade X Hyperdimension Neptunia. With an improved gacha system from Xenoblade 2. No common blades! Everyone is rare and up.
  • Paper Zelda
  • Wario Ware GTA like but more comedy-satire.
  • Kirby X Dark Souls

Love OGs Pikmin idea.

Think Zelda definitely needs to get some new spin off ideas as it seems waiting 4-6 years between new games will be the norm now bigger worlds for the 3D entries will be the norm...

Zelda: Hyrule Builder - Not your standard city builder, but imagining BOTW/TOTK era Hyrule being rebuilt. Imagining a top down or isometric viewpoint to give a change from the current 3 games in this world. Mining minerals, cutting different wood, farm and manage resources across the various biomes, whilst fending off hordes of bokoblins and the like.

Metroid: Horror RPG - Open free roaming galaxy RPG using the best bits from Mass Effect and Dead Space. Leaning heavily on Alien/Aliens too.

I would love to see a Zelda spinoff that is, like, “dungeons only” and structured like a Mario game. First smaller shrine-like puzzle boxes and the final dungeon of every world is something more complex.

Zelda physics based puzzle room game a la Portal.

Open world Metroid set on a small planetoid, with expansive interior cave system leading to the core.

Fire emblem souls like with weapon classes based on the weapons triangle.

• Splatoon as 3D collectathon platformer (the ink mechanics fits perfectly imho). A 2D platfomer could be cool too.
  • Smash bros but it’s a rogue lite deck builder (by slay the spire developer)
  • Hyrule Jrpg: something like lost odyssey or FFX but in hyrule, not necessarily with link and Zelda.
  • Yoshi metroidvania.

uhhhhhh lemme get uuuuhhhhhhh splatoon standalone campaign game where uhhhhhh you uhhhhhh can explore more of the cities cause its uuhhhhhh my dream to explore the rest of inkopolis

An Animal Crossing survival horror game...you land on an island and not all is what it seems...could be a murder mystery type or slasher vibes or what ever you wanna use.

Also, not a spin off per se but I think Nintendo is leaving a ton of $$ on the table by not having their own branded CCG game that goes across the entire portfolio of IPs and is in a similar vein to Hearthstone or Slay the Spire or something like that.

A Metroid "Samus and the Baby" turn based RPG
Samus gains suit upgrades and the Metroid follows the maturation and development to gain more skills
There are combo moves where they attack together

I'm not doing the idea justice with this quick description

A Zelda RTS covering the wars in whatever the period was in the timeline

A pokemon Action RPG

I've wanted them to do more with Metroid Prime Hunters for years now, so that.

Expanded roster of hunters from the Prime series and beyond, online multiplayer intergalactic cat-and-mouse, dogfights, race to the bounty, arena death matches, make it happen!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom