• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Retro Ninja Five-O, cult classic GBA game, coming to PC, Nintendo Switch and Playstation

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

as a reminder, when Limited Run Games revealed the Felix & Rocket Knight collections. they stated there was also a third game planned which would be revealed by IGN later. which seems likely to be this,
the game was also previously listed as a title Nintendo was testing on the Game Boy Advance NSO app. so it could get re-released twice if that still goes through.

There's some awesome games in that presentation.

Turbo Kid, Dome King Cabbage, Harold Halibut, The Plucky Squire are all some of my most anticipated games.

This sounds like Ninja Five-O is getting the Shantae treatment.

Once Limited Run Games started publishing old Konami games, I figured this was only a matter of time. Ninja Five-O (Ninja Cop) is many GBA collector’s white whale since:
  1. It’s never been re-released;
  2. It’s on every hidden gems article/video;
  3. The lowest eBay listing is $300+.
Scalpers almost in shambles. People will always prefer the original cartridge, but some, like myself, would merely like a legitimate physical copy.

While I regularly dunk on Limited Run Games for certain business practices, I still like that it gives people a chance to obtain some of these old, rare games. I bristle at artificial scarcity/FOMO; I bristle at scalpers even more.

Last edited:
I heard this via rumors and LRG's own newsletter teases around 2-3 years ago? Yeah they've been at it for a long while. They mentioned this in a newsletter via a pun of the game's name and it was pretty blatant what it was referring to lol

Guess that makes me confident that the Rondo TGCD repro delayed to include a fan translation will show up eventually too

Nice. I had this game, but sold brand new before playing.

Now we need that someone revive Racing Gears Advance, the best racing game on GBA, and I am (almost) satisfied.

They keep piling up those Carbon Engine announcements. Where are the first batch? Gex, Tombi and Clock Tower? At least release a few before announcing new ones.

And Konami's neverending quest to put absolutely everything on Switch except Symphony of the Night marches on!

On topic, I remember playing a friend's copy of this one (under the title "Ninja Cop") back in the day and finding it very, very good, so I'm looking forward to this.

And Konami's neverending quest to put absolutely everything on Switch except Symphony of the Night marches on!
It feels like it should be the most obvious thing in the world. Limited Run is re-releasing a bunch of PS1 games, and a bunch of Konami games, so how is nothing happening with SotN?

Just got confirmed!

IMG-1591.jpg

Not sure if Limited Run Games is releasing a Game Boy Advance cartridge. If not, this is gonna be a no from me, dawg. The trailer specifically mentioned the Carbon Engine (which I believe is for porting old games to modern hardware) and only showed logos for Switch, PS4, and PS5. My preference is to play this on original hardware. I’ll wait for more info. For now, 🫥.

YES! Have been begging for a re-release for donkey's years! This should've come to the Wii U VC back in the day!

Will be copping this one immediately! :D

Back
Top Bottom