• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Next Mass Effect Looks to be Using Unreal Engine

ILikeFeet

Warpstar Knight

there's been murmurs about ME5 going UE5, but this is about as confirmed as it gets for me. I know they struggled with Frostbite before, but I feel the latter half of struggles (anthem and andromeda) were self-inflicted wounds rather than the engine. they admitted to not following up on the tools they made for Dragon Age Inquisition so they had to make them all over again. why I don't know. with Dragon Age 4, they're reusing the tools made with Anthem at least, but I think that will be the end of Bioware using Frostbite

anyway, onwards to the future, whenever that is

I’m not expert in development. But I’ve read nothing but horror stories about the Frostbite engine from many EA devs.

Why the insistent of using that engine? So they don’t have to pay fees for using unreal?

Seems to have caused a lot of issues on many of their titles.

I’m not expert in development. But I’ve read nothing but horror stories about the Frostbite engine from many EA devs.

Why the insistent of using that engine? So they don’t have to pay fees for using unreal?

I think a lot of the horror stories come from the engine wasn't originally flexible enough. it was made for FPSs first, then adapted, so there were growing pains. I think we're past the growing pains, and it's just Bioware's own fuckups post Inquisition. the problems with Anthem and Andromeda were definitely not engine related (other than deciding to remake shit)

I think a lot of the horror stories come from the engine wasn't originally flexible enough. it was made for FPSs first, then adapted, so there were growing pains. I think we're past the growing pains, and it's just Bioware's own fuckups post Inquisition. the problems with Anthem and Andromeda were definitely not engine related (other than deciding to remake shit)
Part of the problems with Andromeda were engine related actually, according to the Jason Schreier article. They couldn’t use a lot of the stuff built for DAI either as it was a different version of Frostbite.

Part of the problems with Andromeda were engine related actually, according to the Jason Schreier article. They couldn’t use a lot of the stuff built for DAI either as it was a different version of Frostbite.
here's a video by Mark Darrah on Andromeda. it's probably a combination of issue

Because sunk cost fallacy

Back
Top Bottom