• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club new fangame asks the important question of "what if Mario had a GUN?"

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

(this is actually an old project from 2019 that got quite a bit of coverage back then, but the author just released a new update which drastically modifies the visuals and underlying code.)

yes, that's right. Mario finally has a gun now.
as the title suggests, this is a speedrun focused Mario fangame. your objective is to collect every coin on the course as quickly as possible, while dealing with enemies using Mario's greatest weapon.
the gun

Funnily enough, Mario having a gun has some historical basis: In one of the Mario 25th Iwata Asks, its brought up that Mario originally had a rifle, and also a beamgun in sky stages!

(laughs)
Iwata
And it says the A button is for kicking when empty-handed and also for using a rifle and a beam gun. Is this really for Super Mario Bros.?! (laughs)
Everyone
(laughs)
Miyamoto
He was going to use a beam gun when he flew on a cloud.

There's also that Mario anime based off of Momotaro, from the Amada anime series, which for some reason Mario has a gun in it

More on topic though, this seems like a pretty cool fangame, I'll have to give it a try sometime! I do wonder how Mario level design would translate into a first person environment.

This looks very fun, but also Mario with a gun is a weird combination.

New question answered, "What if MYST had a gun?"
myst.png

good to see there's someone else out there fixing even more classic titles.

now all that's left is for someone to turn Gun Home into a real game, completing the epic trilogy.

Excuse me? A light gun FPS featuring Mario riding Yoshi and blasting Gumbas, Koopalings and whatnot? How have I never heard of this before?!
My mom actually bought me this game from a gas station in pa on the way home from camping lol. It was the mid 90’s and for some reason they had super nintendo games. So i asked if she could get me that and she did….i didnt actually get a super scope to play it until my birthday a few months later

Excuse me? A light gun FPS featuring Mario riding Yoshi and blasting Gumbas, Koopalings and whatnot? How have I never heard of this before?!
Also, it was the first Mario game published outside Japan to retain Peach's name instead of using Princess Toadstool.

Watched Vinny play this and it looks fun!

Mildly disappointed that it's a gun that looks it belongs in the Mario universe and not a hyper realistic AK-47 tho lol

"Mario but with a gun???" gags aside, this is a pretty cool concept. It does a good job of translating 1-1 into a 3D space and a new genre (with lots more hidden coins and such too!) while still keeping all of the memorable setpieces.

Back
Top Bottom